PDA

View Full Version : Low latency Wireless RF transceiver modules?

Mark155
03-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to setup a remote wireless link for my UAV. On the UAV side I need to sample 2 analog inputs, and control 4 digital outputs. I need the control turnaround time to be under 20mS. Since I'm new to RF I'm looking for a plug and play solution, that's why I've been looking into wireless cable replacement solutions.

So far I have found DataBridge modules from Starman Electric (www.starmanelectric.com), and AirCable modules (aircable.net). Is anyone familiar with these modules?

Thanks,

Mark155

arin
12-04-2012, 02:23 PM
You should use the ardunio compatible RF module.. You can add the functionality of analog and digital as well.. Free library is also available to make the RF work in almost any configuration.

PCB assembly quote (http://www.7pcb.ca/pcb-assembly-quote/)

jwatte
12-04-2012, 04:34 PM
You can look at XBee Pro. In "transparent serial" mode they are easy to use, and they are low latency as long as you have good signal quality. Come in both 2.4 GHz and 900 MHz versions, and with pretty long range measured in miles if you have the right kind of antenna.
The data bridge modules seem like they use "chip antennas" and only 1 mW power. That's not going to go very far.