PDA

View Full Version : Safety Check-in

tuzzer
03-18-2010, 05:21 PM
I am wondering if I have to get to the venue on Friday to do the safety check-in. Or is it okay to get there on Saturday morning for the competition.

Could someone explain how the whole procedure work? Do we have to ship our robot ahead of time or could we take it on the plane with us?

gdubb2
03-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Hey tuzzer,
I'm not the official spokesperson, but here goes.

1: Register and pay Robogames.
2: The safety check in and inspection is for the big battlebot type combat bots.. Not us.
3: Some people take the bots as carry on, others check them with baggage. I've never done it, as I drive. Some ship the bots directly to the hotel where you will be staying.
4: You will probably be OK just showing up on Sat, but Friday will be a good day for practice. I would show up as early as possible.

Fergs needs to check out the targeting stuff, and Connor is taking care of the common video link if you use it.

See Ya there
Gary

darkback2
03-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Either check or ship your guns. If you have rocket bays, then ship those. Also, you may want to ship your tools while your at it.

I carry squidword as a carryon, but I take off his gun and rockets first for obvious reasons. Last year he tested positive for explosive residue and required a bit tougher inspection...

DB

tuzzer
03-19-2010, 12:52 AM
We are doing the airsoft class so we don't really have much dangerous weapon on ours. The only thing that could be potential problem is the A123 batteries, but I don't know if that's a problem since it's not supposed to be explosive.

Wouldn't it work if we just put it in the luggage??

DresnerRobotics
03-19-2010, 01:47 AM
You just can't take the airsoft guns as a carry-on, have to check them.

The robot itself is fine, if they let me bring Giger as a carry-on I'd guess any other mech-warfare type robot would be fine as well.