PDA

View Full Version : D'OH! It figures One day to go and I fry my board and Brain!

lumpen5
04-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Well of course I have been so swamped with the job and everything, that all the final building came down to the last two days. So, of course I fried my bot board and atom pro. This makes me sad b/c I am registered to do battle at the games this weekend.

Is it possible that any vendors on site might be on-site this weekend and selling the(via lynxmotion site):
Bot Board II (ABB-01)
BASIC Atom Pro 28 Pin (BAP-02)
6.0 Volt Ni-MH 1600mAh Battery Pack (bat 03)

?

If yes, then I am saved. If not, then i will wear my contestant badge with pride and mingle with peeps and "ohh and ahh" at all the cool bots this year, maybe have Grant sign my badge, all the while kicking myself in the arse!

"Nomous" Mech

P.S. note to self for next year... Slow down and buy at least one extra of critical systems.

lumpen5
04-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Looks like Noumous had more then brain damage...

First off thanks to Gary, who go me seated properly in the pit area and lent me equipment to help get my mech back on its feet. Thanks also to the guys from the bot "Miss Alignment" who lent me a board, brain and capacitor to help get my mech fixed. Alas, it seemed like there was more wrong with my bot then I suspected. I will have to wait until next year to do battle. Thanks again guys, I appreciated the help!

The arena for our bot battle was epic! The detail and workmanship that went into designing the buildings, etc. was great. My hat is off to the creators!

Thanks to Trossen for setting it all up and managing the mech battles!

Next year, I will be ready! Until then, rebuild and upgrade!

Nomous