PDA

View Full Version : Gun Driver shield for arbotiX

Connor
04-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm loking at getting my gun driver shield that I used this year printed up. So, I', checking to see how many of you would be interested in it? It goes over the servo headers and uses digital I/O pins 6 & 7. It would most likely be sold as a DIY solder it yourself kit to keep it as flexable as possible. I used right angle bioloid type headers and layed the TIP120's down. But depending on your setup, you may choose to use standard bioloid headers, or servo heards or whatever. They'll be a space for a screw terminal block with a jumper so you can use external voltage instead of the Bioloid buss voltage. Also, It has 2 LED's on board that light when the gun is fired, and has a 5v sourced output pin (with a resistor inline already) so you could hook up external LED's if you want as well. The layout of the board is setup so you still have access to the reset switch. It does cover up the serial headers, however, those could be passed through as well as the pins for the servo headers if you need to. (I.E. to use the RX Bridge). I'll post a picture up of the prototype installed on a arbotix later tonight.

Thanks, Connor

Connor
04-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Forogt to say that it can handle 2 Guns, each rated up to 5 amps (the rating of the TIP120)

Connor
05-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Pictures of the prototype. The last picture is with a terminal block added for people who want to use a seperate power pack for the guns. There will be a jumper than can be used to select power from the servo headers, or from the terminal block. It could also be used to add a switch to disable the guns.

Thanks, Connor

muc
05-02-2010, 03:09 PM
looks good, I'll take one if/when you have them made

Mark