PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] How should I write an "AX-S1-like" program for querying CM-510 sensors?

siempre.aprendiendo
05-22-2010, 03:54 AM
I'm trying to read the new Bioloid Premium sensors from USB2dynamixel (or serial port with Toss mode). There are several ways...

But I think that the most interesting way would be writing a C program by which the CM-510 acts as another "dynamixel" device, answering the queries directed to him (ID 200, 0xC8). That is, using it like the "old" AX-S1 to get the sensors values.

It should be possible because there is a "monitor" command in the CM-510 firmware that show all packets sent/received from the usb2dynamixel. I have tried it but it doesn´t work :(.

siempre.aprendiendo
05-23-2010, 04:58 PM
It works!

Well, at least I have managed to create a toss mode program, and then it has been very simple to create a "device mode" for CM-510.

Now I will clean up the code and write the "answers" with the sensors values :)

Finally I have used the new Robotis libraries.

SteamAutomaton
06-13-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm trying to read the new Bioloid Premium sensors from USB2dynamixel (or serial port with Toss mode). There are several ways...

But I think that the most interesting way would be writing a C program by which the CM-510 acts as another "dynamixel" device, answering the queries directed to him (ID 200, 0xC8). That is, using it like the "old" AX-S1 to get the sensors values.

It should be possible because there is a "monitor" command in the CM-510 firmware that show all packets sent/received from the usb2dynamixel. I have tried it but it doesn´t work :(.

I believe that CM-510 has a build-in AX-S1. The main difference being able to change sensors.

My $.02.

SA:)