PDA

View Full Version : Defender Question

Conscripted
05-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Hello all. I'm in the process of modifying a defender for a project I'm working on. It isn't one of your mechs for combat. I'm building a tracked chassi and mounting the defender on top. The whole thing will be controlled via bluetooth from a laptop.

Does anyone have a good picture of the inner workings of a defender? many of my pieces came apart during disassembly and I want to make sure that I got them all back in the proper place.

Thanks
Conscripted

Stobs
05-29-2010, 02:36 PM
I did a quick search on the web and didn't find anything appropriate. Do you have a manufacturer's name to go with "defender" robot?

.Stobs

gdubb2
05-29-2010, 03:35 PM
"Defender of World Peace"

There are a couple of variants though. The inner workings are very much the same in all of them. The Pictures here, are not necessarilly of a Defender, but of a very similar gun. The spring placement is the critical part. The rest is pretty straight forward.

Gary

Conscripted
05-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Thank you. That should help.

defwheezer
05-29-2010, 07:10 PM
This is a "Defender of the Peace" airsoft gun innards shot:

http://mental-escher.net/images/defender-of-the-peace.jpg

sthmck
05-29-2010, 07:11 PM
resize this please!

gdubb2
05-29-2010, 08:00 PM
BUT.. don't forget about the small spring that goes on the shaft above the piston spring..Important..

Conscripted
05-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Thank you for your replies. Those pictures were very helpful. I've gotten my defender cut down a bit and pulled the wiring out so I can access it. I'll be running this from an ATMEGA168 and a TIP120. One question. How much current does the firing motor draw while operating? I'm trying to get an estimate of battery life.

Thanks for the help.
Conscripted