PDA

View Full Version : Arena Concept

dalocogamer
07-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Hey I got concept idea I want to run by who ever is in charge of it. I think I got something worth trying.

lnxfergy
07-02-2010, 10:55 PM
I would say just post it here in the forum -- both Andrew and I monitor it pretty regularly.

That said, we strive to avoid large changes as we both realize that even small changes in our rules/environment can cause big changes in how well bots perform. In many aspects, we're still just getting started here, year 2 was far more productive than year 1, and we hope that year 3 will be even better -- so there is room for improvement.

-Fergs

dalocogamer
07-02-2010, 11:39 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w284/chicosan21/concept.png

OK, the arena for this is a box with walls. Bottom has a circle and two lines for bots to start at. At each corner of this arena is what I call POST.

POST has a target that when shot at will start taking away health. Health is represented with "Health Light". This will be programmed to set amount to where when target is hit so much it will turn off one light. When all three health lights are turned off, POST will go offline for a sertin time period. Live camera feed and firing is halted. If all 4 POST is offline then the match is over. POST is controlled by 4 users (1 per). They can rotate and tilt the gun turrat. Each one gets a live feed from the camera and can fire own cannon with BB's.

Objective for this is to take out all four POST the quickest while trying to take on the least amount of hits. Compare the time and hits to find the winner. Quickest time with the least hits taken wins.

darkback2
07-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Cool idea. This is a bit like the capture the flag idea with an added dimention of the turrets. You could also have two robots competing...one taking out turrets, and one defending them...or even two on two.

Seams like fun for the alternate ideas.

dalocogamer
07-03-2010, 12:00 AM
That actually could be another game. Attack and Defend. It would be something to see this come alive. Who knows, if I can get support I might hold this event and everyone here can come.

dalocogamer
07-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Just got another concept to think about. Take a foosball table, 2ft wide 4 ft long is average build. Times it by 3 so you now have 6ft wide and 12 ft long table. Set goals with net and a drop for where the ball goes. You have as your goalie a bot on a pole that moves like a regular goalie on a fooseball table. Except this bot is a cannone and web cam. 2 Mechs (or X amount) make a team. Trying to push /shoot the ball into the goal. First to 5 (or X amount) wins!