PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] Electronic Brick to axon!

123laurens
07-16-2010, 12:38 PM
is it possable to conect the Electronic Brick Chassis (V1.1) to the axon via UART cables? i am very inexperienced,i am making my first robot. do you need extra coding or something like a connection frequency?this is quite ugent to weather i shoud buy an electric starter kit and what i shoud buy with it

MikeG
07-16-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm sure someone will correct me but it looks like the Electronic Brick Chassis (v1.1) is designed from an ardunio? The brick exposes the Ardunio's pins through 10 and 3 pin connectors. The Brick does not have any smarts, it's just a pass-through. I guess it would work for an axon if the header pins are similar.

DresnerRobotics
07-16-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm sure someone will correct me but it looks like the Electronic Brick Chassis (v1.1) is designed from an ardunio? The brick exposes the Ardunio's pins through 10 and 3 pin connectors. The Brick does not have any smarts, it's just a pass-through. I guess it would work for an axon if the header pins are similar.

You're correct. Though the Axon has breakouts for I/O that provide 3 pin connections, which is all the Electronic Brick Chassis does anyway. Trying to use it would be largely redundant.

123laurens
07-21-2010, 02:03 PM
well,are there eny other lcds that are UART compatable? cuz i just fownd that was the only part i cant find in non electronic brick format.i know it exsists tho

DresnerRobotics
07-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Yup.

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Serial+Enabled +LCD&x=0&y=0&search_section=products