PDA

View Full Version : [Contest Entry] HottieBot

Rodger Cleye
09-18-2010, 05:37 AM
Behold ..... I present to you "HottieBot"

I Had a lot of fun with this one... Goin' to the beach tomorrow. I hope to get some reaction footage.

YouTube - hottiebot

Kind regards,

Rodger

Adrenalynn
09-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Funny!

Curious why you didn't go with a little 2 channel PWM-driven motor controller. Something like the Scorpion would have cut your part count and size (and programming) down infinitely much. Motor controller plugged into the RC receiver and done.

RavenW
09-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Looks like he was mostly using what he had lying around. At the very least it's a good learning experience to scratch build a controller like this.

Rodger Cleye
09-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Yes,
I always make my controllers from scratch. Often exceeding 100A and 72V with over current over temp over voltage and under voltage. If you have to bolt a uC to the motor controller, it might as well take on all these tasks for $0 and no delay waiting for your Scorpian to arrive. But yes, the Scorpian, is elegant, small, and simple and a perfect fit for this 100 Watt Bot. But if your junk bin is stuffed with this sort of stuff, its just a shame not to use what you got, and have some fun writing custom code that does exactly what you want. I will reuse the current protection software subroutines I wrote in this project in some of my emerging real human ride-on vehicles. Building from scratch reduced my final parts count considerably.

The Scorpian should really include a uC onboard for that price tag. Do you know of any dual h-bridge drivers that give up more than 20A go higher than 24V and have a uC on board for under $100?

Rodger Cleye
09-21-2010, 12:38 AM
I have now mounted the skeleton. Here is the new footage. I hope you enjoy.
Rodger

YouTube - HottieBot2

kanda
09-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Nice work man !!
Ready for halloween :-)

animeunplugged
09-21-2010, 03:13 PM
wow I love the skeleton you should take him out for a little ride on halloween!!!;)

zoomkat
09-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Couldn't see the front axle, but you might be able to put some wedge ramps on the front side of each side of the front axle so that when the axle is turned, the axle rides up on the ramp and the skate board is tilted into the turn like a person would lean into the turn.

Rodger Cleye
09-22-2010, 11:01 PM
I captured some footage of Sasha skateboarding. Here is the footage. I hope you enjoy.

YouTube - HottieBot ~~~ IN ACTION ! ~~~

Rodger Cleye
09-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Here is some early prototype footage. My first stabilization attempt employed a simple stabilizer bar. For cosmetic and clearance reasons, I later ditched that approach in favor of training wheels aligned on the axle. In the early days, Sasha wore a little bit less. In fact the cops detained her (and me) for a little bit at 2 A.M. in the morning when she made her very first ride (they are now OK, with their new strange neighbors).

YouTube - HottieBot ~~~ Bikini Mode ~~~

DresnerRobotics
09-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Here is some early prototype footage. My first stabilization attempt employed a simple stabilizer bar. For cosmetic and clearance reasons, I later ditched that approach in favor of training wheels aligned on the axle. In the early days, Sasha wore a little bit less. In fact the cops detained her (and me) for a little bit at 2 A.M. in the morning when she made her very first ride (they are now OK, with their new strange neighbors).

I laughed hard at the detention @ 2am, you MUST go into detail of that little encounter.

cire
09-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Looks awesome Rodger

Rodger Cleye
09-26-2010, 12:24 PM
To elaborate on the Cop thing... It went down like this. I was range testing her at about 300ft. When she cleared an intersection... ** BAM ** the floodlights went on! She froze like a dear-in-the-headlights. To play, I moved her forward and back in small motions as to shiver in the evening cold with her bikini. The spotlight stayed on her for 15 seconds and then slowly panned in my direction - where I waved with a big smile. Before I could blink, a police car was at my feet with an officer saying "What are you doing here?" (Reasonable). I indicated that my workshop was right behind me and that the FV police force was doing an excellent job of patrolling making me and my stuff safe. He professionally indicated that their had been some recent bad activity in the area and that I should not be surprised if I get stopped again by another officer. His confused brow never tipped and was reluctant to shake my hand. Fair enough, hats off to FV police!

Rodger Cleye
09-27-2010, 05:05 AM
I added some glowing eyes to Scully for Halloween night. He is already up to no good with them.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff209/electricunicycle/HottieBot/Yum.jpg

Rodger Cleye
09-27-2010, 05:17 AM
This brought about the appearance of the next skateboard rider. I have MUCH bigger plans for this guy, however.http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff209/electricunicycle/HottieBot/all3.jpg

zoomkat
09-27-2010, 02:15 PM
This brought about the appearance of the next skateboard rider. I have MUCH bigger plans for this guy,
You could pimp it up a bit with either glowing or LED eyes, and maybe a cold neon halo.

Rodger Cleye
09-27-2010, 05:10 PM
They DO glow. A white LED inside of the "ping pong" balls illuminate the red veins at night.

Rodger Cleye
09-30-2010, 05:58 PM
I found this prop. Couldn't resist. I will add it to the skating skeleton.

YouTube - animatronic scull

Rodger Cleye
10-16-2010, 01:48 PM
I added UV lighting and a uC controlled heartbeat and heart. Also full duplex comm to the head by hacking a cordless phone..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=8o9l91qz7KE

Rodger Cleye
10-27-2010, 03:34 PM
YouTube - skully skateboarder dance

some more day footage..

gdubb2
10-27-2010, 03:37 PM
:veryhappy:..Wonderful..:veryhappy: