PDA

View Full Version : [Project] Paid Contract Work- Replace I2C Remote with PC Interface

Brian M
09-24-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm looking for someone who can help develop a replacement for an I2C remote controller for a vision tester. I've tried simply adding a USB-I2C adaptor, but need to be able to send Slave-Initiated Reads, something that this adapter is not capable of.

Here are the details that I have:
1. A read request is sent from the vision testor to the remote, just looking for any response from
address 0xC6. This tells the vision testor that a remote is attached. The PC interface will need to respond to this read request with a single byte, although the value of the byte is irrelevant.

2. Here are some sample commands sent from the remote for various actions:
Right Eye Pressed: [ 0x41 0xFE ], [ 0x43 0xFF ], pause [ 0x41 0xFF ], [0x43 0xFF]
Left Eye Pressed: [ 0x41 0xFD ], [ 0x43 0xFF ], pause [ 0x41 0xFF ], [0x43 0xFF]
Near/Far Pressed: [ 0x41 0xFB ], [ 0x43 0xFF ], pause [ 0x41 0xFF ], [0x43 0xFF]
Altogether, there are 10 buttons on the remote and I have command sequences for all of them.

3. We also need the ability to determine whether a button is currently selected, which might require reading registers on the vision tester, not sure at this point, or if the value could be stored in a register on the adapter.

4. I'm assuming a USB interface will be used to the computer with an COM driver to allow the computer to send the necessary commands and possibly a programmable chip of some sort. I'm at the limit of my knowledge on this stuff, so we'd be looking for guidance on this project as well.

If you are interested in a short term contract to create this type of interface, send me an email @ [email protected] or reply with your contact information.

jes1510
09-24-2010, 03:35 PM
The shortest path might be an Arduino attached to the computer which translates I2C commands to serial.

Brian M
09-27-2010, 12:31 PM
I don't know how to program an Arduino, we have a deadline and I need some help on this project. Did I mention that we are willing to pay to have this work done?