PDA

View Full Version : Ros gui

Shamma
01-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Hello all,

I am new into robotics and I want to develop a teleoperation system for Nao robot, and I want to do a nice User interface, I went through ROS tutorials .. but they don't talk about anything related to develop user interface, I wonder if that ever possible, any idea ?

thank you

lnxfergy
01-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Hello all,

I am new into robotics and I want to develop a teleoperation system for Nao robot, and I want to do a nice User interface, I went through ROS tutorials .. but they don't talk about anything related to develop user interface, I wonder if that ever possible, any idea ?

thank you

I don't know of any GUI teleoperation system for the Nao -- but you might check and see if either Brown or Frieburg repositories might have something.

As for non-gui, the brown-ros-pkg contains a keyboard-based controller for mobile bases (twist_teleop_keyboard) that works pretty well. The vanadium-ros-pkg repository contains a small GUI for controlling mobile bases with pan/tilt.

I believe any of these + image_view (to see a camera view) offer a start to a teleoperation interface (I regularly use twist_teleop_keyboard + image_view to drive our robots around the lab).

-Fergs

Shamma
01-12-2011, 12:23 AM
there is no way in which I can connect ROS with Visual studio? like I take the results and show them in Visual studio?

SK.
01-12-2011, 01:16 AM
AFAIK this project:
http://servicerobotics.eu/en/other-projects/ros-fuer-windows/
currently is the most mature port of ROS to Windows. You can apparently use Visual Studio 2008 to develop programs that can "talk ROS" on Windows. You currently can't compile existing GUI nodes like RVIZ for Windows though.