PDA

View Full Version : Hobby ROS Resources Discussion

lnxfergy
01-18-2011, 03:19 PM
For anyone who has been checking lately, there are something like 25 beginner tutorials, and 75 or so repositories now in the ROS universe. That's a lot to digest.

I've created a new thread "Hobby ROS Resources" which will be a single post, sticky thread. I've organized said thread by common platforms used by hobbyists.

To avoid the sticky becoming 20 pages long, I've closed it. Please post new ideas and discussion here, and I'll update the sticky thread.

-Fergs

RobotAtlas
02-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Fergs, I really like this idea of organizing forum info in a wiki-like way.
Why haven't we used this before? Those Ultimate threads would be ideal candidates for this type of organization.

lnxfergy
02-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Fergs, I really like this idea of organizing forum info in a wiki-like way.
Why haven't we used this before? Those Ultimate threads would be ideal candidates for this type of organization.

No idea why we haven't done it before -- I created this one mainly because I was answering such questions frequently outside of the forum, and now I have a place to direct people to. PM me if you have a particular Ultimate thread you'd be interested in condensing down into a Resource Thread.

-Fergs

lnxfergy
06-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Pulling this to the top, for review, any new stuff out there that we think needs to be added our sticky thread? I just added turtlebot...

-Fergs

ringo42
06-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Is there anything that says do this tutorial first, then that one.....
I did the preliminary ROS tutorial, now I'm kinda wandering around reading the rest of them. Is there any clear path that makes sense to read them in?

What would be nice is something that takes you step by step to an end goal, like starting off with
"how to write a driver for your particular robot"
and has whatever steps are necessary in between to end up at
"slam and navigation"

I now there are lots of good articles out there, I just wish there was a step-by-step guide already done. I'm using a Serializer so PiRobot has already done the first step for me, but It's taking me a while to figure out what direction to go next. I am documenting my steps so hopefully one day I'll have such a guide. If something like this already exists then please point it out to me.
Thanks