PDA

View Full Version : Ar_pose

Peter_heim
02-16-2011, 03:36 AM
Hi Fergs
Congratulations on Ar_Kinect result I just tried it on Diamondback RC1 and it works fine. I used fiducial markers with a leaf robot and would like to do the same again. How do you run the locator.py and set up the markers, the XYZ location seams straight forward but the angle of the marker relative to the map Is not clear (I have walls at 45 deg to the map grid) and what dose
0.0 0.0
In objects_ils mean

Regards Peter

lnxfergy
02-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Hi Fergs
Congratulations on Ar_pose’s result I just tried it on Diamondback RC1 and it works fine.

I just want to point out -- I created ar_kinect, which is ar_pose extended to point clouds -- somebody else (CCNY) created ar_pose, I've only contributed a few patches along the way.

I used fiducial markers with a leaf robot and would like to do the same again. How do you run the locator.py and set up the markers, the XYZ location seams straight forward but the angle of the marker relative to the map Is not clear (I have walls at 45 deg to the map grid)

The current version is a hackfest -- as I was running out of time for getting the entry in. the transformations are currently hardcoded (ick). The transformations are currently from the marker -> map origin, so angles are really funky (this will be fixed, but I just haven't gotten to it, and the opposite way was failing miserably).

and what dose
0.0 0.0
In objects_ils mean
This is the calibration for an individual marker -- the first like (80.0) is the size in mm of the marker (not including the black border I believe). The second line is an offset -- it'll almost always be 0.0 0.0.

-Fegs

Peter_heim
02-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi Fergs

I just want to point out -- I created ar_kinect, which is ar_pose extended to point clouds -- somebody else (CCNY) created ar_pose, I've only contributed a few patches along the way.

ooops sorry my fingers and brain weren't talking to each other

peter