PDA

View Full Version : libdc1394v2 and stereo camera

rob-bot
02-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to ROS and am currently working on getting the Bumblebee2 node (By Soonhac Hong, source: http://cu-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/bumblebee2) to work properly in Ubuntu 10.10 for my Pt grey Bumblebee2 stereo camera . When I use rosmake to build the bumblebee2 package I am consistently getting an error:

"
Failed to invoke /opt/ros/cturtle/ros/bin/rospack deps-manifests bumblebee2

[rospack] couldn't find dependency [libdc1394v2] of [bumblebee2]

[rospack] missing dependency
"

This results in a successful build of 5 packages with one failure...

So I I tried installing libdc1394v2 as per instructions on the distributor's website... I am still having the same problem.

If it isn't already obvious, I am also quite new to Ubuntu and I'm not even certain if I am installing this package properly. I followed the instructions, any idea why I am still having problems launching this node? I apologize if I sound like a complete idiot here, I am very eager to learn more but I am at a loss as to what I need to do to educate myself. I feel like it may be my lack of Ubuntu knowledge and not a lack of ROS knowledge that is holding me back.

I have attempted to run the camera using coriander... I receive an error that states that it does not detect any camera connected to the bus. The camera works properly in a Windows environment.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Rob

lnxfergy
02-24-2011, 08:20 PM
I'd suggest posting this to answers.ros.org -- I don't believe there are any Bumblebee users here (a couple of us with Videre STOCs)

-Fergs