PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ymal module

Shamma
03-18-2011, 08:27 AM
I downloaded ROS yesterday, the new full one .. and I had python 2.71 from before ... when I tried roscore tp start using ROS .. I got this error ..

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/ros/diamondback/ros/bin/roscore", line 34, in <module>
from ros import roslaunch
File "/opt/ros/diamondback/ros/core/roslib/src/ros/__init__.py", line 41, in <module>
import roslib
File "/opt/ros/diamondback/ros/core/roslib/src/roslib/__init__.py", line 50, in <module>
from roslib.launcher import load_manifest
File "/opt/ros/diamondback/ros/core/roslib/src/roslib/launcher.py", line 45, in <module>
import roslib.manifest
File "/opt/ros/diamondback/ros/core/roslib/src/roslib/manifest.py", line 46, in <module>
import roslib.packages
File "/opt/ros/diamondback/ros/core/roslib/src/roslib/packages.py", line 58, in <module>
import roslib.os_detect
File "/opt/ros/diamondback/ros/core/roslib/src/roslib/os_detect.py", line 49, in <module>
import yaml
ImportError: No module named yaml

I guess the problem is with python and the environment variable .. I just don't know how to fix it

thank you

lnxfergy
03-18-2011, 09:02 PM
You might get more help posting this to answers.ros.org

It would appear that you don't have yaml (or at least, not for the version of Python that is being used). Are you on a mac? If so, there are several posts on answers.ros.org about this sort of issue and how to solve it.

-Fergs

ROBOTMAN
03-18-2011, 11:04 PM
I quick google search turned up http://pyyaml.org/

For windows try installing with the standard windows installer.

For mac I am not sure...

[edit]

I may be way off base but python appears to be searching for a yaml and not finding it.

lnxfergy
03-18-2011, 11:24 PM
I quick google search turned up http://pyyaml.org/

For windows try installing with the standard windows installer.

For mac I am not sure...

[edit]

I may be way off base but python appears to be searching for a yaml and not finding it.

When is the last time you saw a directory like "/opt/ros...." in windows? :veryhappy:

-Fergs

Shamma
03-19-2011, 06:45 AM
I am using Ubuntu 10.04 , thanks all for the help .. appreciate it :)

ROBOTMAN
03-19-2011, 10:23 AM
In that case

sudo apt-get install python-yaml

Good point about the file path should have looked there...

airuno2l
04-10-2011, 02:15 PM
I had the same problem (I was also using Ubuntu 10.04). I think it had something to do with the fact that I had 3 versions of python already installed on the system before I installed ros. Sorry to say, I never did fix the problem. I had a better laptop anyways and just used it instead. On which I started completely fresh (put ubuntu on it then ros) and it worked great.