PDA

View Full Version : AX-S1 and other

ashiboy
04-11-2011, 01:46 PM
i have some AX-S1 but in the manual there's

1)
Be cautious as unlike AX-12, Horn part of AX-S1 does not turn, so assemble frame in correct angle with the usage purpose in mind.

what do they mean by this what frame

why is there a horn then if it doent move

2)
i tried to connect the AX-12 and the AX-S1 to the CM-5 with the serial thing and usb
how the frick can i connect those 2 to the CM-5
i have every thing i need i tried but cant find the com port
or is it just me

these are probebly stupid questions

thanks

ashiboy
04-12-2011, 10:28 AM
anyone?

elaughlin
04-12-2011, 02:54 PM
i have some AX-S1 but in the manual there's

1)
Be cautious as unlike AX-12, Horn part of AX-S1 does not turn, so assemble frame in correct angle with the usage purpose in mind.

what do they mean by this what frame

why is there a horn then if it doent move

I can answer the first part. The AX-S1 is only a sensor. It is not actually a servo and has no need to turn. It is just made to look exactly like the AX-12+ servos to fit in nicely and mount the same way. So don't become upset that it doesn't move, its just for ease of mounting a sensor to have it the same format at the rest of the pieces. The frame just means the brackets that you use to connect pieces in the Bioloid set. It uses the same brackets, but just understand that the horn doesn't move at all, so know the correct angle ahead of time before mounting it to and brackets. That's all.

Question 2, I don't understand enough to give you a good answer on. Sorry

ashiboy
04-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I can answer the first part. The AX-S1 is only a sensor. It is not actually a servo and has no need to turn. It is just made to look exactly like the AX-12+ servos to fit in nicely and mount the same way. So don't become upset that it doesn't move, its just for ease of mounting a sensor to have it the same format at the rest of the pieces. The frame just means the brackets that you use to connect pieces in the Bioloid set. It uses the same brackets, but just understand that the horn doesn't move at all, so know the correct angle ahead of time before mounting it to and brackets. That's all.

Question 2, I don't understand enough to give you a good answer on. Sorry

so if i understand it correctly i can just tape the AX-S1 to my body or something like that

elaughlin
04-12-2011, 04:16 PM
so if i understand it correctly i can just tape the AX-S1 to my body or something like that

Well I guess you can. But you don't need to.

Did you get a Bioloid kit?

It will still mount to all the regular hardware found in the Bioloid kits.

AX-S1 looks exactly like and AX-12.

AX-12 moves, AX-S1 doesn't move.

AX-S1 has sensors, AX-12 doesn't have sensors.

ashiboy
04-12-2011, 04:19 PM
no i don't have it i only did buy the AX-S and the AX-12 an dthe CM-5 and other stuff

elaughlin
04-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Well then all you need to know about the AX-S1 is that it doesnt move like a servo. If you dont have the mounting hardware then dont worry about it.

ashiboy
04-13-2011, 01:11 PM
with the AX-S1 is it like connecting the sensors to the CM-5 and running the software (motion editor)the creating the joints in a drawing and stuff so it knows the posision in the whole configuration?:confused::confused::confused:

mannyr7
04-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Here is the link for a wealth of information regarding ax12 ax1s and the bioloid user manual. http://www.tribotix.info/Downloads/Robotis/Robotis.htm

darkback2
04-13-2011, 08:10 PM
What are you trying to do?

ashiboy
04-14-2011, 10:35 AM
look here
http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?t=4712