PDA

View Full Version : MINI Robocontroller sketch issues

draikani
06-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Just got my MINI Robocontroller in the mail along with some other goodies. Whenever I try to upload a sketch to it I get the error: "avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding". I've tried messing around with the reset button and I'm pretty sure I have the right board and usb port selected. Board is running off a 6v battery pack and appears to power on fine. I'm using the sparkfun FTDI breakout. The only thing I noticed that might be contributing to the problem is that on the back of the FTDI breakout board there is no solder on the 3.3v/5v solder pads. However this particular chip appears to be a more recent revision than the one shown, so I'm not sure that even matters. Any help is much appreciated, I can't wait to get this thing working :happy:

draikani
06-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Oh the shame... it appears that in my haste to play with the new toy I had plugged the breakout board in backwards. :sad: I now know that GR means green and not ground. Now when I try to upload a sketch I get:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x82
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x82

Still doesn't work, I don't really feel like I know enough about this stuff to trouble shoot it myself yet...

Stobs
06-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Please provide a link to the model of controller you have?

draikani
06-11-2011, 12:46 AM
http://www.trossenrobotics.com/p/mini-robot-controller.aspx

I have since gotten it to work by switching the board selection in the arduino environment. The robocontroller manual says to use "Diecimila, Duemilanove, or Nano w/ ATmega168", however I have only been able to get mine to work by selecting "Duemilanove, or Nano w/ ATmega328".

lnxfergy
06-11-2011, 06:53 PM
http://www.trossenrobotics.com/p/mini-robot-controller.aspx

I have since gotten it to work by switching the board selection in the arduino environment. The robocontroller manual says to use "Diecimila, Duemilanove, or Nano w/ ATmega168", however I have only been able to get mine to work by selecting "Duemilanove, or Nano w/ ATmega328".

Yep, we switched to Mega328 chips a while ago, I guess the manuals never got updated.

-Fergs