PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] On Bioloid: How to adjust the center position of the servo?

cybernetics
06-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi I'm new to the forum :)

I've look a lot on the Internet and didn't find an answer. Thanks in advance for your help :)

I would like to know how can I adjust the center position (512) of the servo-motor AX-12+ on the Bioloid platform, to move it elsewhere (because it got misalign) without disassembling it.

Thank you!

Mathieu Roy

lnxfergy
06-22-2011, 11:07 AM
As far as I know, you can't change the position of 512 on the servo -- you just have to store an offset in your program that is controlling the servos (or assemble correctly).

-Fergs

iBot
06-22-2011, 11:11 AM
The only way the servo can become misaligned is if you removed the output servo horn disc and did not replace it right. Take the disk off the output shaft. Note the output shaft has a small pin sticking up. This pin must align with the 120 degree slot in the disc adjacent to the figure 1. The large number of shaft splines does mean you can miss a 120 degree point. Check you see the pin in the slot.

We all made the same oops at some time. If it is not on the Internet, it's 'cos we are too embarassed about just screwing the centre screw tighter and forcing the pin into plastic.

The position potentiometer (300 degree only) is coupled directly to the output shaft, so no other adjustment even if you open the servo.

If by disassembly you mean removing the servo, do it, get used to it ! You can tell a true roboteer by the red imprint of a JIS screwdriver in their palm.

cybernetics
06-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Indeed, I had removed the output servo horn disc and had not replaced it right -_-, but now it works. Thank you very much to both of you. :happy: