PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] On Bioloid: Need help with the ZIG2Serial

cybernetics
07-26-2011, 12:44 PM
PART 1

I've been trying for a while to use the ZIG2Serial I just bought, but for a unknown reason, it doesn't work. :sad:

I've done what is written on http://support.robotis.com/en/ under: Product Information > Robot Parts > Communication > ZIG-100/110; but I still get this Error:

Unable to find Zig2Serial. Please check the following and try again.
-Is power being supplied to the Zig2Serial?
-Is the Zig2Serial connected to the proper port?First: I think my computer is supposed to provided the power, and the light on the Zig2Serial is open which confirmed that it receives current.
Second: Yes, and Ive try all ports just in case.

The Zig100 is connected to the Zig2Serial and the Zig110 is connected CM-510.

And when I do this: "While pressing on “1” (Shift+1) on your keyboard also press the reset switch on the Zig2Serial." in the RoboPlus terminal software, it doesn't work neither.

Does someone have an idea what is going wrong? :confused:

PART 2

Can I use Matlab with the Zig2Serial? Because it doesn't seem to be in the options on the web site (http://support.robotis.com/en/) under: Software Help > Zigbee SDK > Zig2Serial > Windows

Any help would be very appreciated, thanks.

kamondelious
07-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Hey cybernetics,

Did you get to this document?

http://support.robotis.com/en/product/auxdevice/communication/zig2serial_manual.htm

It tells you there that the j10 connector on the zig2serial is used to supply the 5V required to power it. Without that, it's not going to work and your computer will not see it.

Cheers

:D

tician
07-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Are the ZIG-100/110 and ZIG2Serial direct from Robotis, or pre-owned? Is the ZIG-100 installed on the ZIG2Serial correctly? The large can of the crystal oscillator should match up to the large oval of the silkscreen on the ZIG2Serial. Are you using the ZIG2Serial with a USB2Dynamixel? If you are not using the USB2Dynamixel, you will have to apply a 5V power supply as kamondelius said. If you are using the USB2Dynamixel, you should not have to make any modifications or additions to the ZIG2Serial. Is the ZIG2Serial securely connected to the USB2Dynamixel? Is the USB2Dynamixel in RS-232 mode? Are you using the USB2Dynamixel through an unpowered USB hub (try through a USB port on the back of the PC or through a powered hub)?
Open the RoboPlus Terminal, connect to the port at 57600bps, then press and hold the 'SHIFT' and '1' keys. While holding the keys, you should see a bunch of '!' printing on the screen. Only after it is printing '!' should you press the reset button on the ZIG2Serial. It should then print out a bit of info (release the 'SHIFT' and '1' keys at this point).

The process for using the zigbee library with Matlab is exactly the same as with the dynamixel library. Add the bin and import folders to the Matlab path and use the same import commands, but substituting 'dynamixel' with 'zigbee'.

cybernetics
08-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks, now it works. I can send data to the CM-510 with the commands showed in the help menu.

However, I cannot receive any data from it with the command printf as I could with the wire. Is it normal?

I hope there's a way to transmit the data because it's the only reason I've bought the ZIG2Serial. Why would someone want this otherwise?

DresnerRobotics
08-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks, now it works. I can send data to the CM-510 with the commands showed in the help menu.

However, I cannot receive any data from it with the command printf as I could with the wire. Is it normal?

I hope there's a way to transmit the data because it's the only reason I've bought the ZIG2Serial. Why would someone want this otherwise?

The zig2serial is not a drop-in replacement for the serial cable.

As far as your Cm-510 knows, the zig2serial + PC is another CM-510. Program accordingly.

cybernetics
08-09-2011, 10:38 AM
May you give me an example of how to "program accordingly"?

Thanks

DresnerRobotics
08-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Check out the Zigbee SDK on the Robotis eManual site: http://support.robotis.com/en/techsupport_eng.htm#software/zigbee_sdk.htm

adolfoIPN
01-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Hi!
Did you manage to make the reception of the data???

cybernetics
01-30-2013, 12:47 AM
adolfoIPN wrote:

Did you manage to make the reception of the data???

That was a long time ago, but IIRC I figured out a way to work with the wires instead.