PDA

View Full Version : Overseas purchases

Stobs
11-04-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm still waiting for my battery and LVD, which I ordered back on 2011.10.15. Unfortunately I only took a passing notice that they were being shipped out of Singapore, and after making an inquiry today, have been advised it may take another three weeks - or more, before I receive my merchandise.

Since this is my first purchase from overseas, that I'm aware of, I don't know if this is normal or not. At this point I'm considering sourcing at least another battery, ensuring it's shipped from a continental warehouse, since I'm currently at a hardware-related standstill.

Constructive advice, comments and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Fanatic
11-07-2011, 01:54 PM
I buy overseas all the time, the best you can get out of asia's delivery is 1 month of waiting(assuming you got normal shipping), little more if they are slow in the shipping/packing process....just buy from a popular seller/website, those you can at least count on being a 1 month's time for delievery.

Slugman
11-07-2011, 06:42 PM
I completely agree with Fanatic re using a popular seller/website, & the delivery time seems about right too.
It depends on whether they have it in stock, which region you order from, & then varies depending on the company you deal with as they use different delivery companies. E.G. I am in the North of Australia - I ordered an Axis camera (It was in stock) from a large-ish company in South Aus & it took over 4 weeks to arrive by courier. A truck takes 3 days to travel from there. I think the longest time for an order from Trossen took about 8 days, including a weekend. That was also via a courier. :happy:

Stobs
11-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Hi Fanatic, Slugman,

My apologies on the tardy reply. Looks like I'll have to just factor in an extended delivery time frame for purchase shipped from overseas - something I will endeavor to avoid whenever possible though. Thanks for your insights, much appreciated.

Regards