PDA

View Full Version : ShepRobo Fest 2012 REGISTRATION OPEN

sthmck
02-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Please note registration for ShepRobo Fest 2012 (http://www.shepherd.edu/cmeweb/srf/) is now open. It is only a month away and it is important for those of you planning on bringing a mech need to register asap. Those of you attending are our first priority for shipping the new scoring system out due to the looming deadline. Thanks to the generosity of Shepherd University this event is hosted free of charge, no pesky registration fees. I am no longer directly affiliated with this event, although I am running things for the Mech Warfare side of things along with Andrew. Last year had its fair share of problems which is understandable for an event in its infancy. I expect this year to be much better with more competitors and more matches. The venue is great and the arena is absolutely amazing. The students and faculty responsible for holding this event work very hard and I expect things to run much smoother than last year. I look forward to hearing from those of you interested in coming. Response in this thread would be appreciated so we can get a rough estimate of attendees although registration on the actual competition website is obviously necessary.

Thanks,
Seth

byi
02-04-2012, 10:34 PM
I plan to come although I will have to make sure I can. There's a few issues to sort out.

parallax
02-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Just registered- Look forward to seeing you all there!

byi
02-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Well, my transportation has spontaneously canceled on me. Won't be able to make it this year. Hopefully next year I'll have a license and be able to drive myself there.

parallax
02-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Sorry you can't make it, byi. Looking forward to seeing you there next year though!

Seth- Out of curiosity, how many competitors are currently registered for the event?

byi
02-15-2012, 11:19 PM
Speaking of which, I can't seem to find a way to de-register. Any idea?

sarendt
02-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Does anyone know the specific's of what time the mech warfare event will run, will it be most of the event or just at certain points in the event?

Also does registering as a spectator need to be precise with the number of people coming?

Thanks!
Scott

parallax
02-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Sthmck,

Not to restate what sarendt posted, but any idea as to what the schedule will be (i.e. qualifications, event times, etc.)? Also, where on the campus we should report? The website is short on those details and the event is coming up fast...

Right now I'm planning on literally leaving for Shepherdstown from my last final exam (WPI is on a term system) on the 2nd to make it there in time for the 3rd, but if I have a little leeway on Saturday I would like to know. It might save me the cost of another night in a motel ;)

elaughlin
02-21-2012, 06:16 PM
I signed up just in case I can make it Sthmck. Hope I can make it...!

sthmck
02-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Here's to our parts all coming in on time.

sarendt
02-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Just got an email back from Courtney, the event coordinator. Hope it helps.

Cheers,
scott

Hi!

A 2012 schedule has been made, and will be posted on the website ASAP. Mech Warfare will occur on Sunday, with matches spread out over the day.

Courtney

parallax
02-23-2012, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the information, Scott! That is really helpful to know.

Upgrayd
03-18-2012, 05:09 PM
How did this event turn out? Is there any recorded video?

parallax
03-19-2012, 08:43 AM
Upgrayd,

I wasn't able to make it out to the east coast competition this year (had some family issues crop up that I had to deal with). However I did find this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kLUMTS9o0k

Maybe someone who made it out there can fill us in on what we missed?

sthmck
03-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Hey guys sorry I didnt post an update on here, i have been pretty busy lately. I did write up a little about it on my blog though. I actually didnt know that there was any video of the event so thanks for the post parallax. altogether it wasnt bad for the second year. no one outside of shepherd competed unfortunately and we did not have a fully working scoring system so the event was unofficial this year. It does show a lot of promise though and I expect it to really take off next year.