PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] new ax 12+ actuators

blastdog
02-08-2012, 11:09 PM
My AX-12+ servos will not show up in my roboplus manager. Right now i have seven of these servos set up in a daisy chain and roboplus only recognizes the last in the chain, the last is the only one of the seven that are from the 18 that came with the bioloid premium kit, yet refuses to recognize any of the other 6 before it. The 6 are all motors that i bought separate from the kit and at certain points it will show one but only as unknown and when i try to set an id it asks for an address and some other stuff that im not sure what to do with. please help soon because this is for school.

tician
02-09-2012, 03:25 PM
When Robotis ships their servos, they always have the ID set to '1', and require the users to manually change it to meet their needs. There are two methods to make sure that each one has a unique ID. Method 1 is to connect only a single servo to a CM-5/510/700 and use RoboPlus Manager to access the servo and change the ID to a unique number from 1 to 253 (check the Manual on the Robotis Support site or included in the Premium kit for the correct ID for each joint) (if not using in a Robotis design, assign IDs as you see fit). Method 2 is to connect only a single servo to a USB2Dynamixel and a power supply and use RoboPlus Dynamixel Wizard to directly access the servo and change the ID.

blastdog
02-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Thanks so much!! :)