PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] Arbotix and Arduino 1.0.1

generallee989
11-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Hi all,

Im a major noob when it comes to programming but have been learning.

I recently purchased a PhantomX Roboturret (http://www.trossenrobotics.com/p/phantomX-robot-turret.aspx) with the Arbotix board and cannot seem to get any sketch communicate with the board. Im trying to use Arduino 1.0.1 but it doesnt want to communicate through USB.

I know its working as I am able to controll it using PyPose
Which board do I need to chose on Arduino 1.0.1 for it to communicate correctly?
I know which port to be on.
I have been researching for almost 2 weeks now and cannot seem to find anything on how to make Arduino 1.0.1 function with Arbotix.

Thanks in advance for any help.:confused::confused:

generallee989
11-02-2012, 01:36 PM
I forgot to add, I am running Windows 7. Also have it set up for Ubuntu 11.04 and Ubuntu 12.04.

DresnerRobotics
11-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Need a lot more information than this.

Are you saying you're unable to program the board? Or unable to communicate with the Comm_EXT sketch once it has been uploaded?

Have you followed the instructions on the Arbotix wiki for configuring the Arduino IDE for programming?

generallee989
11-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Need a lot more information than this.

Are you saying you're unable to program the board? Or unable to communicate with the Comm_EXT sketch once it has been uploaded?

Have you followed the instructions on the Arbotix wiki for configuring the Arduino IDE for programming?

Thanks for replying Tyberius,

I can communicate with the board and move it just fine with PyPose.py.

When I load a sketch(Comm_EXT) into Arduino and try to upload it, I see the led light flash as it communicates but...

I get errors and does nothing.

KurtEck
11-02-2012, 04:33 PM
I have a PhantomX with Arbotix, but I have been running it off of the Core sources (https://code.google.com/p/arbotix/source/checkout). However since then it was my impression that they released a version that was updated for Arduino 1.0.

I have not used that sketch. I found it on my machine and sure enough it has not been updated for Arduino 1.0.x...

Not hard to fix, need to update the one subroutine, to look like:

void Response(unsigned char command, unsigned char value){
Serial.write(0xff);
Serial.write(command);
Serial.write(value);
Serial.write((unsigned char)(255 - (command+value)%256));
}

Kurt

DresnerRobotics
11-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Looks like my recent code update didn't stick (probably a URL issue), give me a few minutes to get it updated and download a new copy please.