PDA

View Full Version : Trossen Robotics Quadruped

SuperMiguel
11-04-2012, 10:00 AM
So i got my quadruped built, and im having issues programming it...

So after building i was supposed to download the arduino IDE, then follow this: http://code.google.com/p/arbotix/wiki/GettingSetup

G (http://code.google.com/p/arbotix/wiki/GettingSetup)O to the download page and get the 014 version, when i try to compile the sketch i says that BYTE is not usable anymore, so i downloaded the 15 version and cant compile it either... Also i dont see arbotix on my boards menu.. Guess im doing something wrong..

Tried in linux and windows and no go

KurtEck
11-04-2012, 11:20 AM
I don't have the quad, but as you know do have the Hex, so same difference.
I am using Arduino version 1.0.1. Also I am using current sources of Arbotix as the released ones before were not 1.0 compatible. I believe they now are... From the Arbotix location: http://code.google.com/p/arbotix/ I go to the sources tab and download as zip file...

In the place where your sketchbook is. In my case .../my documents/Arduino create a directory called Hardware and some of stuff you downloaded will go into a subfolder Arbotix. In this folder you will see some sub-directories including: bootloaders, cores, variants plus a couple of text files (boards.txt and programmers.txt). When these files are there when you load Arduino the Arbotix will show up under the tools\boards.... Note: if you are running Arduino when you copy these files you may have to quit and restart the Arduino IDE.

The other directories, you downloaded will need to go into the libraries folder under your sketchbook. Some of the libraries will include:
Bioloid, Commander. There are probably others as well...

Good Luck
Kurt

SuperMiguel
11-04-2012, 11:28 AM
So i got pypose/nuke open and it looks like its working, i can move my servos over xbess... still havent resolve the arduino issue, getting compilation errors.

KurtEck
11-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Without seeing the errors, can not help much... Could be as simple as you need to go to the sketch and import the appropriate libraries again, or could be the version you are looking at is not 1.0.1 compatible... Often see errors like BYTE is no longer supported.

Before Arduino 1.0 you used to do things like: Serial.print(0x23, BYTE);
To output a byte to the Serial port (or Serial1 if that is the one). This is no longer supported. Instead you do:
Serial.write(0x23);

There are some cases where you have to do a type cast. I have found this if you are trying to output 0. So in that case it might need to look something like: Serial.write((byte)0);

Kurt

SuperMiguel
11-04-2012, 12:37 PM
To make it easier on me, i tried watching this video: http://code.google.com/p/arbotix/wiki/NukeIntro but when i get to the part where he says to click on Set/Test Signs, i get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "tools/NukeEditor.py", line 325, in doSignTest
self.loadModel()
AttributeError: 'NukeEditor' object has no attribute 'loadModel'

Also when i try opening this: PhantomX AX-12+ Quadruped Arduino NUKE Sketch (http://www.trossenrobotics.com/productdocs/AX_12_PhantomX_Quadruped.zip)
i get this compilation error:

nuke.cpp:3:22: fatal error: WProgram.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

I also get the same error if i export from pypose

SuperMiguel
11-04-2012, 01:04 PM
I changed Wprogram.h to arduino.h in nuke.cpp and i got wayyyy more errors:

/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp: In function ‘void setTX(int)’:
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:41:5: error: ‘UCSR1B’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:41:5: error: ‘RXEN1’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:52:5: error: ‘TXEN1’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:53:5: error: ‘RXCIE1’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp: In function ‘void setRX(int)’:
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:80:5: error: ‘UCSR1B’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:80:5: error: ‘TXEN1’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:81:5: error: ‘RXCIE1’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:83:5: error: ‘RXEN1’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp: In function ‘void setTXall()’:
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:89:5: error: ‘UCSR1B’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:89:5: error: ‘RXEN1’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:97:5: error: ‘TXEN1’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:98:5: error: ‘RXCIE1’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp: In function ‘void ax12write(unsigned char)’:
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:105:12: error: ‘UCSR1A’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:105:12: error: ‘UDRE1’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:106:5: error: ‘UDR1’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp: In function ‘void ax12writeB(unsigned char)’:
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:111:12: error: ‘UCSR1A’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:111:12: error: ‘UDRE1’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:112:5: error: ‘UDR1’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp: In function ‘void USART1_RX_vect()’:
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:117:47: error: ‘UDR1’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp: In function ‘void ax12Init(long int)’:
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:163:5: error: ‘UBRR1H’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:164:5: error: ‘UBRR1L’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:165:5: error: ‘UCSR1A’ was not declared in this scope
/home/miguel/sketchbook/libraries/Bioloid/ax12.cpp:165:5: error: ‘U2X1’ was not declared in this scope

SuperMiguel
11-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Nvm, changed board type to arbotix and it compiled =)