PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Insanity Wolf Mech and/or 14x RX-64s, deeply discounted

DresnerRobotics
01-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Hey guys,

So I'm in the process of building a pair of identical 4DOF MX-64 quadrupeds that will be replacing my Insanity Wolf mech warfare entry.

That means I'm left to find either a home for Insanity Wolf, or to part him out.

If for some reason you haven't seen the mech around, here is the project thread on it: http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?5227-New-Quad-Mech-Insanity-Wolf

It placed gold in 2012 Mech Warfare and is a very capable mech.

I am currently sending every single one of my RX-64 servos back to Robotis for a brand new PCB controller to be replaced. The motors are all in top-notch condition, but as some of these servos (4-5 of them) are a 2+ years old, the potentiometers have seen better days. Rather than replacing only the ones that are a bit twitchy, I'm paying to have all of the servos essentially refurbished so that they will all be identical condition. All servos have been taken care of, though may show signs of wear as they were used in my Mech Warfare entry last year. They will come with horns and a new cable.

If you're interested in taking Insanity Wolf intact, once I get the servos replaced I can simply re-assemble him and sell the mech as a whole unit for $2500; including the custom hand-held controller, camera, weapons, battery, frame components. He's currently sitting with the entire torso and weapons assembly intact, I've just removed the leg servos to be sent in for refurbishing. A complete RX-64 based quadrupedal mech that has proven gold-placement in the competition for $2500 is a deal you won't find again.

I'd prefer to sell the mech as a whole, but if all else fails I have 14 RX-64s total, asking $170 a piece. $160 each if you want 10+.

Th232
01-08-2013, 06:35 PM
PM inbound...

Edit: Only interested in some servos. If anyone wants the whole mech, go for it!

Upgrayd
01-08-2013, 08:08 PM
building a pair of identical 4DOF MX-64 quadrupeds

Well that certainly sounds interesting. Care to elaborate?

DresnerRobotics
01-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Well that certainly sounds interesting. Care to elaborate?

It's a secret. You'll totally jack my idea if I tell you.

DresnerRobotics
01-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Bump- Price drop to $2500. To put it into perspective, the servos alone would retail new for $3640, and at my discounted pricing they'd be $2240. That's $260 more for a complete mech that includes several hundred in parts + countless hours of engineering, pretty good deal if ya ask me. :)

jwatte
01-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Trust the man -- that sounds like a sweet deal!
If I had seen this before Christmas, I may have taken this deal rather than buy a couple of boxes of MX-64s.