PDA

View Full Version : [Project] NEED HELP, to build physiotherapy machine for my daughter.

DCautosport
01-10-2013, 04:39 PM
I ask now apologize for my English. Ijoined this forum because I have a daughter who was born with a rare disease.The name of this disease is arthrogryposis multiplex congenital. It is adisease that affects the movements of their legs and arms, but not his head orhis intelligence. Therefore she has difficulties primarily on arms and doingbasic things like eating our going to the bathroom etc etc. ... The only curefor this disease is physical therapy, there is nothing more I can do. But it isrewarding for all that is achieved not regress, they are all improvements. I amPortuguese and here my daughter does physiotherapy 45 minutes every day ...There is a place (Cuba clinic Ciren) where treatment for my daughter would be 8hours of daily physiotherapy, but the price is too high and I cannot afford it.Only possible with intensive physiotherapy she will get better. She is 6 years,and I do not know anything about electronics or robotics ... But I had an ideato build a machine to do this intensive physiotherapy at home. I joined thisforum to ask for help, how I can build this machine physiotherapy!? I joined aforum called the Portuguese robotics Lusorobótica.com where they have all triedto help me ... But I need more help ... They found a girl with the same disease that have aexoskeleton made by a hospital. The idea now would be to adapt this exoskeletonwith some kind of engine or something in order to be able to do physicaltherapy at home whenever possible. I ask everyone who can help to give a littleof your time and help me prepare project drawings, how building it and how tomake the machine working. I need to develop something that move her arms up anddown controlling the force that is exerted and this movement also possible thatbend your elbows also controlling the strength that this motion is produced,which is controlled by software and can be adjustable by the advancement oftheir condition.
I ask once again apologize for my English and what to knowwhat you need more to help me…
They can also follow the topic lusorobótica.com followingthis link is in Portuguese but Google translator can help in the translation...
Topic here -> http://lusorobotica.com/index.php?topic=5752.0
And basic project are here -> http://grabcad.com/library/requested-wilmington-robotic-exoskeleton-wrex
Already my thanks to everyone.

Deimos
02-27-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi,

I'm probably not qualified in any way to help you out with something like this, but you might get some more responses if you asked more detailed and specific questions. (Like "What kind of servo's should I use?" or "What Microcontroller would be the best for this application?") I would also suggest posting in the General Robotics subforum instead of the Mechanics / Construction subforum as more people will see your post.

CasperH
03-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Hi, this might help, it is a variant on the WREX you mention. You will likely need to actuate some of the joints however.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/3d-printer-builds-magic-arms-for-two-year-old-girl-with-joint-disease/