PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] Dynamixel MX-64T current feedback

LuPalm
01-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Does anyone know anything about the current feedback on the new MX-64T? Looking at the control table on the Robotis website (http://support.robotis.com/en/product/dynamixel/mx_series/mx-64.htm), memory locations 68-73 have been added. I saved data from the "consuming current" word, and it appears to be as noisy at the load feedback. I was hoping that they had filtered and provided us with clean data.

Anyone else been down this path?

tician
01-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Have you upgraded to the latest version of RoboPlus and then upgraded the servo with the latest firmware? That was essentially the first piece of advice they posted on their QnA site when questioned about the MX-28 support page listing the new features (an expensive little typo for some users).

If I had an MX-64 or MX-106 to play with, then I would gleefully take the LED side of the case off without permitting the horn side cover to separate from the center piece to try to identify the method they use to measure the current. I'm hoping/expecting it would be something like an allegro bi-directional hall-effect current sensing IC in series with the motor between the two halves of the H-bridge, and not just a low ohm current sense resistor at the bottom of the H-bridge.