PDA

View Full Version : Getting LSM303 DLH To Work on Ro-Board-100

dnhan
01-28-2013, 12:36 AM
Hi all,

I'm trying to get the LSM303 DLH Accelerometer/Magnetometer working with the Ro-Board-100 but I'm currently having some trouble. I've installed lm-sensors on the roboard which is running Ubuntu 10.04, I've attached the appropriate pins (Vin, GND, SCL, and SCA) to the device as well. However when I run sensors-detect in the terminal it says there are no i2c devices detected.

Am I going about this the correct way? Or can I even just bypass this part directly and use the ROBOIO library in order to access the device?

shimniok
08-22-2013, 12:34 AM
I'm familiar with the LSM303DLH but not the Ro-Bord-100. Are pull-up resistors already installed? If not they must be for communication to work properly. Say 3.3k to 10k range. One on SCL, one on SDA. Pulled up to Vcc. Do you have a logic analyzer or oscilloscope? I find it easiest to diagnose I2C problems with a logic analyzer. Oscilloscope works for basic testing to make sure pull ups are in place and that something is happening on the bus. I use a used analog 'scope. You could try the sensor on an Arduino or other MCU board using pull-ups to make sure the LMS303DLH is working.