PDA

View Full Version : mini2440 mk 2. where is the company who makes/sells them?

voodoo
03-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Hi, I have a mini2440 mk2 & my screen is dodgy. I cannot find the company who makes them. Neither can I find the cmos camera for it. Can I use a web cam? & where can I get a new touch screen? Anyone out there know?

Thanks for reading.

jwatte
03-19-2013, 01:45 PM
You can buy the screen (and the board) at mini-itx.com. I think it's designed by friendly-arm.

If the board runs Linux, and has a USB host port, then you should be able to use a USB camera, somewhat depending on available bandwidth and processing power. 400 MHz ARM9 isn't a whole lot of oomph these days...

voodoo
03-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Thanks jwatte. You seem very experienced in the robot knowledge. So what is a good robot brain type. I have a galaxy s3 & was also considering using it with a android development board. I do like the way android language is laid out like the use of xml. I would have to learn java though. I am still learning C.

jwatte
03-19-2013, 10:34 PM
The main problem with a phone is that some default behaviors are annoying -- going to sleep, looking for a carrier network, etc. You may be able to remove those by rooting the phone.
For a similarly powered board, without the phone bit, try a Raspberry Pi (for $35) or a BeagleBone (for $99.)
On the other hand, the phone already has a screen and camera, which may be useful!

Personally, I use a Zotac AD-11 mini-PC; it's about 4"x4"x1.5" in size. It needs 19V power though, and is heavier than a phone.