PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] Non-responsive EX-106

sammystevens
03-25-2013, 09:36 AM
I am currently using an arbotix controller and an rx bridge trying to drive an ex-106+. The goal is to use the SetPosition in the bioloid project but i am currently unable to get the servos to respond to anything. Supposedly the rx bridge will allow the ex servos to be controlled the same way as the ax would minus the bridge. I cant get the servo to respond to anything thus far.

Does anyone have any insight

DresnerRobotics
03-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Have you programmed the EX-106+ to set an ID and baud rate appropriately? They default at 57600 baud, ID # 1. Most of the examples for the Arbotix are for set to communicate at 1mbps.

sammystevens
03-25-2013, 12:53 PM
here is the code i am using. I am very new to using serial communication to servos as opposed to using PWM. If it matters i am using UART and when i include a simple digitalWrite to the led onboard the arbotix i can have it blink at whatever speed i set a delay to, so i know i can atleast successfully communicate and write to the board.

#include <ax12.h>
#include <BioloidController.h>

BioloidController Bioloid = BioloidController(1000000);

void setup(){
}
void loop(){
SetPosition(1,512);
}

sammystevens
03-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Have you programmed the EX-106+ to set an ID and baud rate appropriately? They default at 57600 baud, ID # 1. Most of the examples for the Arbotix are for set to communicate at 1mbps.

I havent dont anything other than the code above to the servo. This is a hand me down servo and i dont know if the ID or baudrate has been changed, is there a way to force it back to a default without knowing either of those?

jwatte
03-25-2013, 09:29 PM
You will need an USB2Dynamixel to recover the firmware on the servo and reset it to default settings.

If you don't have one of those and can't buy one, you may be able to find the servo. You do this by making your program take the baud rate and servo ID from the command line. You then start the program with varying baud rates and servo IDs, and see if anything happens.

I would start with baud rate 57600 and IDs 1 .. 24, then 1000000 1..24, then 2000000, then 9600, then 115200, and if you still can't find it, I'd either do an exhaustive search of IDs (1 .. 254) and baud rates (ugh!) or just go for it and get an USB2Dynamixel.