PDA

View Full Version : [Project] Object recognition w. Microsoft Kinect

biaboro
05-14-2013, 05:56 AM
We want to use Microsoft Kinect to identify objects. Objects have different geometrical shapes (Rectangular, square, circle) and they come in different colors. The aim is to find the objects first and map the recognized object to the already scanned database. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRBozGoa69s) For instance with the aid of feature extraction (FFT/depth/etc) and ANN. Objects are passing the Kinect on a fixed background. Position (X,Y) of the objects must be provided. Other recognition methods are welcome. We prefer development of the code to be in Visual Studio C#,Basic (if you re not fine with this we can discuss other options)

We have a budget of $USD 1000 (and plus) for this. Please get in touch for further info.

gromit
08-01-2013, 02:54 PM
I can't believe someone hasn't already commented on this. It seems like the Kinect is already doing the heavy lifting. What you need is to save metadata off to the database with a lookup to find objects that have been previously recorded. You know you can only achieve a certain amount of correct recognition, there's got to be an acceptable amount of failure. What is this for? A little more information might get a bite.

jwatte
08-01-2013, 03:47 PM
What, exactly, is this? Are you saying that you will do the development, and you're looking for suggestions on particular coding approaches?
Are you looking for a coder to implement something for you? If so, do you have references for what you want to see implemented, such as papers or libraries?
Or are you saying "I have $1,000 and here are all the things I'd like to be able to do, can someone provide this to me for that price?"

KevinO
08-01-2013, 04:30 PM
This appears to be a few months old jwatte. It appears a new user posted for some reason and brought it back to the top.

gromit
08-02-2013, 07:19 AM
This appears to be a few months old jwatte. It appears a new user posted for some reason and brought it back to the top.

That's me. I had done a search for "object recognition" and this was one that came up directly relevant. Kind of hoping they're still around because I'm curious.

biaboro
08-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Hi Gromit, Jwatte and Kevin,

Thanks for your replies. We need someone to do the coding for us as Jwatte said in the end of his post. It will be a cooperation where we provide details of what and how we want it and will provide the DB and you tryout a couple of methods and the code needed for it. If any of you are interested please get in touch through biaboro at aol and we can discuss more details about it.

Fred

gromit
08-02-2013, 12:15 PM
AOL?

I'm out.