PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] Firgelli L-12/L-16 Continuous Operating Loads

fractura_laniatus
05-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Should I be able to expect at least an operating load equal to backdrive force? The backdrive force will be statically held when the actuator is off as far as I know. I don't know how the drive system is configured inside, if it is a "screw" type drive then I could imagine a configuration that would have a high backdrive force, but due to the friction associated with the setup, it would not be able to move a load much greater than that. The "Max Force (lifted)" that they list on the spec sheet for an L-16 (50mm stroke, 210:1) is ~200N and backdrive is ~102N so could I safely assume 150 N continuous operation? The L-12 sheet doesn't have a "Max Force" listing, although both L-16 and L-12 sheets list "Peak Power Point". I would think that might be closer to what I could actually expect, seeing as how for the L-16 (50mm stroke, 210:1) it is 175N, which is below 200N.

I know it's a question to ask Firgelli, but I was just wondering if anyone here might have had any experience with L-12/L-16 and could chime in.

Gertlex
05-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Both have a duty cycle of 20%, and I'm pretty sure that means no continuous operation, even at zero load.