PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] MX-64 Conflict

will123195
06-14-2013, 12:03 PM
I have 8 MX-64's in total, and I can detect all of them individually using Dynamixel Wizard. I have assigned all of them unique ID's and they are all on baud 1000000 and all have the latest firmware version 33.

However, ID 2 is not able to be detected if either ID 3 or ID 4 is also plugged in.

If I unplug both ID 3 and ID 4, then ID 2 is now able to be detected. ID 2 works fine when connected alongside ID 5, ID 6, etc.

I have tried assigning different ID numbers, tried using different cables, and tried plugging them in various order with and without a hub. But it seems that one particular MX-64 "conflicts" with the others.

Any ideas?

DresnerRobotics
06-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Try doing a firmware restoration on the trouble servo. It's possible that the tristate buffer chip (on one or multiple) is damaged and causing a 'short' with the others.

jwatte
06-14-2013, 01:29 PM
I've also seen this when some servos have a higher capacitance, thus degrading the signal on the bus. You can check this with a scope. If rise time is significantly worse with a particular servo connected then without, then that servo is actually the problem.