PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] RX-28 Holding Torque

karstetter
09-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Hello,

I am creating a wheeled robot using the RX-28 motors interfaced with a CM-700. When the motors are in Joint mode there is a lot of holding torque present that keeps them from moving. When I put them in Wheel mode this torque does not seem to be present when the motors are not moving. Is there a way to enable this when I am in wheel mode? Thank you for the help.

Regards,
Scott

KevinO
09-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Unfortunately no, unless the AX and RX are different in these aspects in my tests Wheel mode is on or off so to speak. Though I'd wait to hear from someone who uses them in that mode to confirm.

karstetter
09-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Thanks, what I'm basically having a problem with is it's a wheeled robot. When the robot isn't moving (via joystick) and is on an inclined surface it starts to drift down that surface. I'm trying to get around this by putting the servos in joint mode when it isn't moving, but that creates a new problem. As soon as you put it in joint mode the servo has to find that Goal position. I've tried to set the goal position to the current position before changing to joint mode, but that hasn't worked yet. I would appreciate any ideas anyone has. Thanks again.

jwatte
09-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Can you switch to torque mode when you want to stand still?

Although the potentiometer only covers 300 degrees of the angle, so if you're standing still within the 60 degree blind spot, it will not be able to compensate. You need the MX series for that.