PDA

View Full Version : using pypose question

deathwiz
12-20-2013, 11:48 AM
i have a quadpod that uses 12 ax-12 servos (3 on each leg) and i am trying to get pypose to work. I used kurts program to set the id of each servo (i actually set them all to a number and then unplugged them one at a time while setting all that were left to an id until there was only one left). When i use the capture function in NUKE, i get an unable to read servo 1 error and so on through the servos. This is what my CMD says
pypose starting...
opening port: COM8
Relax servos for capture...
pypose: relaxing servos... and then

0xff found
0xff found
ID found:1
Length found:2
Error level found: 0
Checksum found:252
Checksum computed:255 and this repeats all the way to id 12. The only difference in them is that the checksum found number decreases by 1 each time. Then it says
Fail Read
Read Failed: Servo ID = 1 and this repeats 4 times.

why wont it work? Does it matter that i have 3 servos wired consecutively for each leg and then each leg wired all into 1 port?

Gertlex
12-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Just to try and clarify what your testing setup is... what happens if you have just one servo attached?

Also, just in case, what power supply are you using when trying to communicate with the servos?

jwatte
12-26-2013, 12:17 AM
It sounds to me as if you're seeing contention on the bus. Likely, your servos are not all at different IDs.
You should not "set the id" on all of the servos at a time. It may work, but more likely, it may not. You should plug in one servo at a time, and set the ID of that servo; repeat.
Personally, I start numbering servos at id 4 to make sure id 1 is left free for maintenance.