PDA

View Full Version : Call for Volunteers - Mech Warfare Committee

DresnerRobotics
02-13-2014, 11:19 AM
Hey all,

I'll keep this short and simple. I seriously need some help organizing Mech Warfare moving out from here, as we're no longer under the umbrella of Robogames and thus are going to need to get a bit more organized ourselves.

I'm looking to form a committee of volunteers to handle various tasks associated with organizing and running the events. Even if you don't plan on attending this year or next, if you have experience in MechWarfare/Robogames I could certainly use your help.

Tasks/topics included:

Coordination of physical venues.
Funding.
Compiling a competitor list/registration setup/mailing lists
Website management (updates, infrastructure, finding a web developer)
Voting on the Mech Warfare ruleset (this will be a hot topic, I have a number of proposals in mind)
Management of Mech Warfare tech (scoring system, wifi network, 5.8ghz analog video infrastructure).
New Arena/Old Arena transfer

Just some of the things that need to be handled. I'd feel better if I had some Mech Warfare veterans helping to share the load.

I'm looking for Mech Warfare veterans, or those in the community that have shown strong contributions towards our goals and discussions in the past. Please email me at Andrew (at) trossenrobotics.com if you have interest in joining the committee. I am going to be VERY particular in who I accept onto this, as they will help shape the future of this competition. Please do not be offended if you volunteer and are not selected, I assure you it's nothing personal.

We will likely hold monthly meetings via Google Hangouts to discuss various assets and goals, as well as email threads to shoot rule revisions/ideas around. You must be 18 or older, due to the need of having some people manage accounts (such as our paypal, website hosting, etc).

DresnerRobotics
03-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Still looking for more participants.