PDA

View Full Version : [Question(s)] PyPose don't detect Arbotix in Linux Mint 17

siempre.aprendiendo
08-13-2014, 06:26 PM
Today I received the Hex Mark II, but I have some problems with the software:

Linux Mint 17 64bits: (I have tested Ubuntu but it's even worse)
Pypose works but doesn't detect Arbotix, not even from terminal, with serial /dev/ttyUSB0. ls /dev/ttyU* shows it.
Dynamanager doesn't work

Windows 7 64bits:
Pypose doesn't work.
Dynamanager works (autodetect)

Anyone reading that use them?
Please, can someone help me, any hint?

Should I send my problems to someone from Trossen support?

tician
08-13-2014, 06:36 PM
As mentioned in another thread earlier today, the arbotix and pypose repositories on github do not use matching baudrates for pypose.ino -> setup() -> Serial.begin(38400) and PyPose.py -> openPort(self, port, baud=115200, interpolate=True). It was caused by a pull request to the pypose repo in March, and I've not gotten around to making a pull request to fix this discrepancy.

wthierry
08-13-2014, 07:28 PM
Yea, I encountered this today, Tician's suggestion fixed my problem.. I noticed it because the ROS sketch running dynamanager had serial.begin at 115200, tried this in the pypose sketch and things took off nicely

siempre.aprendiendo
08-14-2014, 04:17 AM
Well... both sources I downloaded use 38400, ino and py. I downloaded arbotix 0015. May be I'm using and old version???

I really don't know which baud use the loaded PyPose.ino, but after trying some baud changes in Python sources (I also change help to be sure it uses my changes) it stills doesn't work. Which Python files/lines should I change?

Thanks a lot!

siempre.aprendiendo
08-14-2014, 05:05 AM
Working!!!

After adding my Mint user to the dialout group, the Python bauds change to 115200 connects to the Arbotix.

Thanks again!