PDA

View Full Version : Rules Questions: Location/type of targeting panels

parallax
11-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Hi all,

Just two quick questions:

1- My current biped design has a serious premium on real estate for placing the targeting panels on the mech. Essentially, I can place them in one of two locations. I could place them on a moving counterweight element which helps counteract the dynamic forces induced by walking, or up above the turret like a sail on a sailing ship. Given the choice, I would much rather place them on the counterweight for a number of reasons. However, given that it will be translating side to side by a few centimeters with each step I take I wanted to make sure that it would be acceptable under the current rule set.

2- I know there has been some talk about using a different kind of targeting panel from here on forward. My design currently utilizes the panels from 2012 (which I had to miss out on unfortunately). Will these likely be acceptable for the upcoming events?

jwatte
11-07-2014, 11:26 PM
I know the answer to option 2 is "yes."
I don't know about the answer to option 1. Could you post a video?

parallax
11-08-2014, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the answer jwatte! Good to know. I'm out of town for a couple of days but when I get back I'd be happy to post some pics/vids to clarify what I'm talking about. I've actually been meaning to put together a build thread anyway but I keep putting it on the backburner.