PDA

View Full Version : [Project] Mecha Monsters: The World's First Gaming Robots

anon1789
11-10-2014, 09:30 AM
Hi guys,
We're launching our project on Indiegogo very soon and I just wanted to gauge your interest in our product and give us some feedback.

Essentially, Mecha Monsters are robots you control with an Android or iOS device which you can then pit against other robots and complete missions. The more missions you complete, the stronger your robot gets. You can upgrade your robot by mounting physical and digital upgrades.
Our new website is live right now: www.reachrobotics.com - check it out! It will provide a much more exhaustive description!
Our video pitch is http://youtu.be/D7uHQMB6WE0

If you like our product, please share us on your social media :)

Zenta
11-10-2014, 12:49 PM
Cool concept and nice design! Interesting use of bevel gears. I hope you are using metal gear servos.

jwatte
11-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Looks awesome!
I have three questions:
1) What price range are you targeting?
2) How do you compare to Attacknids?
3) Can you carry any additional payload (like an airsoft gun)?

silas101
11-11-2014, 03:55 AM
Thanks for the compliments Zenta, I'm the founder of Reach Robotics and your work (the Hex) was actually the inspiration for me to build my first hex, which could be considered the start of this all. Talk about making an impact ;)

silas101
11-11-2014, 04:14 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm the founder of Reach Robotics,

We're developing the world's first gaming robots over at www.reachrobotics.com (http://www.reachrobotics.com).

Hexapods and walkers have been a passion of mine for a long time as well as my love for teaching robotics. We're creating the product for the general consumer and a fund product, but also a gateway into robotics and we'll be releasing more info soon.

I wanted to get input from the Mech Warfare community on how we can release this as a platform for you to develop on, what kind of capabilities would you be interested in?

Thanks

jwatte
11-11-2014, 03:04 PM
My third question from above is high on the list of things to worry about for Mech Warfare.
(I'm actually interested in the answer to the other two, too :-)