PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Dynamixel MX-64T, MX-28T, USB2Dynamixel

OOrmOnIzArGoR
12-29-2014, 05:08 PM
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy one Dynamixel MX-64T servo, two MX-28T servos, one USB2Dynamixel adapter, 3-pin cables and servo brackets for MX-64 & MX-28 for a school project in which I will be building a robot arm that can write out sentences. The servos are priority. Please reply if you have any of these items you'd like to sell.

Thanks

As an incentive for selling me your servos, I'll offer to share with you the programming for the robot arm that writes out sentences, once programming and school project is completed, probably by May or June. Just send me a message if you want this offer, or I'll assume you don't want the programming.

jwatte
12-31-2014, 03:27 PM
building a robot arm that can write out sentences

What will you do for backlash prevention? The load is small for a pen, but the backlash will make for very sloppy writing.
Spring loaded joints, perhaps?

OOrmOnIzArGoR
12-31-2014, 07:32 PM
What will you do for backlash prevention? The load is small for a pen, but the backlash will make for very sloppy writing.
Spring loaded joints, perhaps?

I had not considered servo backlash. I am not familiar with spring loaded joints. How are they constructed? I'm envisioning a single spring with one end of the spring attached to the upper arm and other end attached to forearm as depicted in the crude diagram below.

I don't imagine the finger joints will require backlash prevention since their servos will not be in motion during writing. Positioning of the pen will be accomplished by servos of elbow and shoulder.

jwatte
12-31-2014, 07:46 PM
That will work, but you're probably better off using a torsional spring.