PDA

View Full Version : Building one from scratch?

dmcman73
04-18-2015, 08:23 AM
I was wondering if it were possible to currently build an HR-OS1 from scratch on my own? I currently have a Raspberry Pi2, Edison, and a few AX-12A servos.

The only "specialized" pieces I see so far are the head/neck area and the torso where the electronics are housed, all the other servo brackets seem like you currently stock and sell on your website. Are there files available so we can 3d print / Mill the torso and neck/head assemblies ourselves or will you be selling these parts soon?

Also, are the initial 50 using the Arbotix Pro controller and if so, are they available for purchase yet?

Thanks!

kgranat
04-19-2015, 11:55 PM
As soon as we finish shipping the intial batch or HR-OS1s, we'll be putting the ArbotiX pros up on the site for purchase, as well as some of the custom cables we came up with. Over the next few weeks we'll be releasing the files for the body plates and the head pan/tilt assembly. Eventually we'll have the pan tilt assembly available for purchase directly from us, but I'm not sure when that will be.

We will be offering a 'barebones' or 'no servo version of the HR-OS1, which will be hardware or hardware/electronic packs, but I don't have an ETA on that right now.

dmcman73
04-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Excellent! Will you post an announcement here when the body plates and pan/tilt assembly files will be ready for download?

Also, will you have the files for the torso area where all the electronics are mounted?

Thanks for the update, I can't wait to put one together!

kgranat
04-20-2015, 10:17 AM
We will definitely be announcing anything HR-OS1 related on this forum. We'll also have the files for the main body plates ready when we release the 3D shell files - I'm hoping that will be by the end of next week.

LloydF
06-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Speaking of building plates any chance you have a frame for the odroid U-3 on a HROS1, just laying around would you?
( i gladly pay you for it) If not I need to get my calipers out and drill a bit.
I have been playing with the U-3 and the HROS1 Frame-work compiles nicely, it is fast and does not have the web-cam bug that the rpi2 has.

DresnerRobotics
06-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Speaking of building plates any chance you have a frame for the odroid U-3 on a HROS1, just laying around would you?
( i gladly pay you for it) If not I need to get my calipers out and drill a bit.
I have been playing with the U-3 and the HROS1 Frame-work compiles nicely, it is fast and does not have the web-cam bug that the rpi2 has.

I originally prototyped the first OS1 on the ODROID U3, but the torso plates have undergone massive changes since then and I no longer have an updated version. We will likely release a couple different torso plate designs with different mounting options for ODROID and Beaglebone before final release, but it's not high on my priority list at the moment. I don't know that we will sell anything individually though, just provide the plates for people to print/cut themselves.

jdddog
06-30-2015, 10:51 PM
As soon as we finish shipping the intial batch or HR-OS1s, we'll be putting the ArbotiX pros up on the site for purchase, as well as some of the custom cables we came up with. Over the next few weeks we'll be releasing the files for the body plates and the head pan/tilt assembly. Eventually we'll have the pan tilt assembly available for purchase directly from us, but I'm not sure when that will be.

We will be offering a 'barebones' or 'no servo version of the HR-OS1, which will be hardware or hardware/electronic packs, but I don't have an ETA on that right now.

That would be great if you guys could do that. How long until you offer ArbotiX pro's and the custom cables for sale individually? By the way, the Edison mounting plate is missing from the cad files.

I'm partway through building an HR-OS1 using parts Trossen Robotics currently sells, 3D printing the pan/tilt and yaw servo brackets and laser cutting the body plates.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/LoMjymZxFu4nkAN8VIUm2zIqJHztLQqQWMLp_lRFoI4k=w329-h400-nohttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/t78i4aWDVFL9fMmhPTeGNcL-Ncf5iQxwC_JesIQ94tyz=w225-h400-no

LloydF
07-03-2015, 02:21 PM
Ahhhhh, this looks bad for the homebrew, nice plexie work buy the way. With 50 more Beta units and arbotix-pro's in a new generation build, it look's like next year maybe?, before parts will be sold. You might whant to snag a beta unit just for the arbotix-pro and dynamixel's as the pro is really that nice.