PDA

View Full Version : Walk Mode balance issue

bstag
04-22-2015, 03:03 PM
I got the ps3 demo running last night.

I started from the sitting/on knees position. When I tell Larry to stand he falls backwards. So then I pick Larry up and stand him. Then switch to walk mode on the ps3 controller. Then Larry falls backwards and starts convulsing on the floor.

How do I tune Larry to balance better? I notice the walk tuner but it not obvious to me how to use it.

kgranat
04-22-2015, 03:07 PM
Are you using SMPS power or battery power? If battery power, what voltage does your battery monitor say?

Do you have the latest version of the code on your robot? I.e. have you done a

git pull

command on your repository recently?

What kind of material are you walking your robot on?

My lead engineer is working on some documentation for walk tuning as well as fine-tuning the walk some. We'll be putting documentation here (there is also a link to the original ROBOTIS documentation that should get you started)
https://github.com/Interbotix/HROS1-Framework/wiki/walk_tuner

bstag
04-22-2015, 03:14 PM
Are you using SMPS power or battery power? If battery power, what voltage does your battery monitor say?

Do you have the latest version of the code on your robot? I.e. have you done a

git pull

command on your repository recently?

What kind of material are you walking your robot on?

My lead engineer is working on some documentation for walk tuning as well as fine-tuning the walk some. We'll be putting documentation here (there is also a link to the original ROBOTIS documentation that should get you started)
https://github.com/Interbotix/HROS1-Framework/wiki/walk_tuner

SMPS power that was supplied with it though i do have a battery sitting on the robot I was using wall power due to wanting extended play time with Larry.

The code was pulled last night at 8pm cst and all recompiled except rme since main.cpp was missing so i used the older compiled version of that to look at the motion file. I have not modified anything yet in any of the files.

The material was carpet and or ceramic tile.

I will look at the docs you mentioned should have dug deeper as I did when looking into rme.

kgranat
04-22-2015, 04:38 PM
My lead engineer tweaked the walking config this morning, so you shoudl pull a fresh copy of the repo - we've got the rme main.cpp back as well. Once you've got that loaded up, can you take a picture of your robot after you hit the triangle button to get it in walk ready position? You can post it here or e-mail it to [email protected]

bstag
04-22-2015, 07:18 PM
When had the battery in but not plugged in. It tended to fall backward when standing up. Once i pulled the battery out it tended to stand fine but still fell backward while walking. This is all on carpet. I just did a fresh pull from github

bstag
04-23-2015, 12:17 PM
I noticed the new motion file posted to the repository I will grab it later tonight and do this again.

bstag
04-27-2015, 09:50 AM
After my family reunion I had some time to play with Larry again. He still has issues walking. He can stand up and sit down with out falling over now. The walking issues come into play after he walks for a little bit as in 20 seconds or if I try to make him walk backwards. What should I be trying to isolate the issue? I can look into the balancing output to see if its overreacting to gyro or accel inputs maybe. I did a git pull sunday night which included the the config.ini change that was pushed up and a full make clean/ make all of everything before I started again.

bstag
04-28-2015, 08:29 AM
It seems to overreact and build up a large error amount in the gryo and over correct. I am still debuging it. It could also be the ps3_demo from what I understand. I have started to write a simple calibration routine to have it stand up, get walk ready, walk forward walk backwards, go left and go right. Do you guys have something for this already? Once it is done would anyone find it useful?

DresnerRobotics
04-28-2015, 07:53 PM
There's an issue with the ps3_demo code right now, the joystick/acceleration scaling from the larger HR-OS5 speeds isn't tuned in quite yet.

A good way to isolate if its a control input issue (ps3_demo bugs) or walk config / offset issues is to test the robot's walking in walk_tuner.

walk_tuner should be your square one to verify a stable gait.

I'm going to have a walk_tuner and offset tutorial posted this week that is going to help users tune in their robots.

bstag
05-04-2015, 08:07 AM
Tape on the feet did wonders for the tile. I had it walk ready mode on tile for many minutes without issues. On carpet its a different story still working that out on my carpet. I also noticed the right knee got hot after enough time. Thank you for your advice andrew.