PDA

View Full Version : Raspberry Pi 2 image recovery + HR-OS1 Framework

panthallion
04-24-2015, 10:09 PM
Hi, I have corrupted the filesystem and would like to know if you can provide the link for the Rpi2 full disk image that came with the HR-OS1 please.

Thanks

tician
04-25-2015, 12:16 AM
Well, they have not yet added the full procedure to make a stock debian/ubuntu image compatible with the framework and I have never had any of the HR-OS bots or stock SD cards, but going from the process for the DARwIn-OP framework on ubuntu-server, inferences from the HR-OS1 wiki about where the framework is installed, and this post (http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?7390-HR-OS1-Documentation&p=67086#post67086) about bluetooth dependencies:
0) Setup a standard debian or ubuntu image on an SD card
1) apt-get update
2) apt-get upgrade
3) apt-get install --no-install-recommends g++ make libjpeg8-dev libncurses5-dev libtool autoconf automaken gettext cmake mpg321 libasound2-dev alsa-base alsa-utils openssh-blacklist openssh-blacklist-extra espeak git-core pulseaudio bluez-utils bluez-compat bluez-hcidump libusb-dev libbluetooth-dev joystick
4) usermod -a -G dialout pi
5) cd ~/
6) git clone https://github.com/Interbotix/HROS1-Framework.git
7) cd ~/HROS1-Framework
8) Use raspi-config to change unknown settings related to interfaces and overclocking. Might have to change locale settings as well.

My process for installing the DARwIn-OP framework has several more steps (setting up startup and shutdown scripts/sounds, network-manager, a vnc server, etc.) and all of them are handled by a installation setup script. Adding the default user ('pi' on the RPi) to the dialout group tends to be necessary to permit programs to use the USB2UART port that communicates with the Arbotix-Pro/CM-730 without using sudo every time. Getting the DARwIn-OP framework and demo programs to completely function without sudo required some additions to "/etc/security/limits.conf" because the motion manager's callback function attempts to use real-time/restricted priority levels.

"@pi hard rtprio unlimited"
"@pi soft rtprio 32"
"@pi hard nice 0"
"@pi soft nice 0"

panthallion
04-25-2015, 09:03 AM
Wow thanks, the gerenal cause i<s because after a hard shutdown, I have this message now with the Wifi :

[email protected] ~ $ sudo ifup wlan0
wpa_supplicant: /sbin/wpa_supplicant daemon failed to start
run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wpasupplicant exited with return code 1
Failed to connect to wpa_supplicant - wpa_ctrl_open: No such file or directory
wpa_supplicant: /sbin/wpa_cli daemon failed to start
run-parts: /etc/network/if-up.d/wpasupplicant exited with return code 1

My Network Card it's not seen by the OS no more, I don't think the driver is loaded no more, if I put the Card Wifi to a Windows laptop, it works fine.

my /var/run/wpa_supplicant is missing

When I plug the Wifi adpabter in and out I get this:

[ 60.748683] usb 1-1.4: USB disconnect, device number 6
[ 66.100096] usb 1-1.5: new high-speed USB device number 7 using dwc_otg
[ 66.201001] usb 1-1.5: New USB device found, idVendor=0bda, idProduct=8179
[ 66.201027] usb 1-1.5: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 66.201044] usb 1-1.5: Product: 802.11n NIC
[ 66.201060] usb 1-1.5: Manufacturer: Realtek
[ 66.201076] usb 1-1.5: SerialNumber: 00E04C0001

Any help, I try in the net but with no success, I will continue searching.

I have no Wifi now. :-(

tician
04-25-2015, 03:24 PM
The simple answer is to try reinstalling wpa-supplicant.

sudo apt-get --reinstall install wpasupplicant

Not sure which configuration method the default image uses (hardcoded via '/etc/network/interfaces' or multiple configurations via network-manager), but I've always used network-manager for configuring interfaces because it is easy to set up (as long as there is a window manager installed to use the GUI), easy to switch between connections/configurations (multiple interfaces with multiple networks), and usually quite reliable.

LloydF
04-26-2015, 09:17 AM
I'm not sure do you think a sd flashing tutorial is in order? I can cut an past something together fast if you need it, but the raspberrian page is were i would take it from, and add these Dependencies to the image after burning it:
sudo apt-get install build-essential git libncurses5-dev libjpeg-dev mplayer
sudo apt-get install bluez-utils bluez-compat bluez-hcidump libusb-dev libbluetooth-dev

P.S. ROS-Indigo from the ROS install page has a deb-wheezy install that works perfectly but takes like
5 hours to compile. Oh yea the install and opencv, takes half of my 32gb SD card, so 8gb would be too small for it.

panthallion
04-26-2015, 04:31 PM
Ho good lord, thanks for the info, so first I need to buy a new SD card,

so for now I will reinstall Raspian and the HROS1 Framework from scratch so I can play with the robot a little and get back my Wifi.

Cheers,

panthallion
04-26-2015, 05:09 PM
I hav reinstall Raspian from sratch + HROS1 framework, everything is fine except for the wifi with the same problem:

[email protected] ~ $ sudo ifup wlan0
wpa_supplicant: /sbin/wpa_supplicant daemon failed to start
run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wpasupplicant exited with return code 1
Failed to connect to wpa_supplicant - wpa_ctrl_open: No such file or directory
wpa_supplicant: /sbin/wpa_cli daemon failed to start
run-parts: /etc/network/if-up.d/wpasupplicant exited with return code 1

LloydF
04-26-2015, 05:11 PM
No you just over write it. Unless you want bigger and wish to expand before you really need too of-course.

LloydF
04-26-2015, 05:39 PM
I have had this happen but normally it meant i miss typed the password. you need a monitor hooked up and then go in and use the wifi tool under menu preferences find your network and in the networktab edit and retype your psk (the password for you network), reboot and you should be gold. I have had troubles with that TP-LINK wifi dongle in the past, so i use a EDIMAX dongle myself.

panthallion
04-26-2015, 10:23 PM
I worked this out by following this thread http://laurenthinoul.com/how-to-install-tp-link-tl-wn725n-on-raspberry-pi/
Everything works fine now with my Wifi 8188eu module loaded.

Thanks

kgranat
04-27-2015, 10:47 AM
Sorry for being late to the party
We've uploaded images for the Raspberry Pi and Intel Edison here. This includes all the drivers for the wifi and bluetooth we included in the kits. We'll be working on instructions for flashing cards as well as instructions on building everything from scratch.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hros1raspberrypiimage/files/?source=navbar

panthallion
04-28-2015, 07:10 AM
Thanks a lot, I<ve managed to rebuild from scratch but I will keep this image as a backup :-)

I needed to install ROS on Raspian and that was the major cause for all my misadventure:-).

Thanks a lot.

Cheers

LloydF
04-28-2015, 08:35 AM
Thanks, nice find, I'll bookmark that for the future.

panthallion
04-28-2015, 06:03 PM
Sorry for being late to the party
We've uploaded images for the Raspberry Pi and Intel Edison here. This includes all the drivers for the wifi and bluetooth we included in the kits. We'll be working on instructions for flashing cards as well as instructions on building everything from scratch.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hros1raspberrypiimage/files/?source=navbar

Hi, there's a CRC check error on you zip file so e can't uncompress it.

I downloaded from two different mirror already.

Thanks

KurtEck
04-29-2015, 08:59 AM
Note: yesterday I also tried to download RPI2 image which said it was something like 1.6gb. I tried a couple of times and both times the download failed. The second time it failed after dowloading about 76.9mb, the previous time maybe 100+mb.

I was going to update my image for secondary RPI2, to the official one. But may instead just clone my current one. Will wait a few days, decided to order 32gb SDCard, to hold more stuff...

KurtEck
04-29-2015, 10:07 AM
Update: I tried downloading again today and it looked like the whole thing downloaded, but both winzip and 7-zip both failed to extract the data, complaining about CRC not matching or the like.

kgranat
04-29-2015, 10:42 AM
That's strange, I'll look into this today.

panthallion
04-30-2015, 02:36 PM
Hi again, did you had some time to reupload a new zip file for the recovery image ?

Thanks