PDA

View Full Version : Google Hangouts HR-OS1 Beta Development Open House

DresnerRobotics
04-28-2015, 06:48 PM
Hi guys,

I'm hosting an 'open house' of sorts on Friday 5/1/2015 at 6pm-8pm PST, via Google Hangouts. This is a discussion and FAQ open to anyone interested in joining, but keep in mind I'd like to focus on interacting with beta users and discuss our major development goals over the beta.

My goal is to make these at minimum once a month to share ideas and keep discussion and development open, and keep a hands-on approach to keep our users in direct communication with those developing the platform.

Also, if you're a HROS1 Beta developer and have questions about your new kit or happen to be stuck on something, hop on in and let's get your project on track.

Hangouts Event can be found here:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/chq157tl9bcejj8chl20d1nsvg0

Mike.
04-29-2015, 12:24 PM
I'll be in San Fransisco / Santa Rosa on buisness durning the hangout. I'll try to join, but I may be late. Thanks for setting this up.

DresnerRobotics
04-29-2015, 03:45 PM
I'll be in San Fransisco / Santa Rosa on buisness durning the hangout. I'll try to join, but I may be late. Thanks for setting this up.

I will very likely be doing these with some frequency during the infancy of Beta, so I'm sure you'll get a chance to join in the future!

jveejay
05-29-2015, 06:37 PM
Hey guys,

When is the next hangout?!

DresnerRobotics
06-02-2015, 08:58 PM
I'm at the DARPA Robotics Challenge this week, I"m thinking we should schedule one for sometime mid next week.

Would Wednesday or Thursday next week work for you guys?

jveejay
06-03-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm at the DARPA Robotics Challenge this week, I"m thinking we should schedule one for sometime mid next week.

Works for me, and it would be terrific to have another meet-up with everyone. I'm dying to see what people are doing with their robots. I'm not the creative kind, haha. So you can imagine why I am eager to see what everyone is up to.

r3n33
06-03-2015, 01:10 PM

I'd like to attend as well. Either day is good for me.

Works for me, and it would be terrific to have another meet-up with everyone. I'm dying to see what people are doing with their robots. I'm not the creative kind, haha. So you can imagine why I am eager to see what everyone is up to.

Howdy neighbor!

jveejay
06-10-2015, 08:33 AM
Curious, are we doing this?

DresnerRobotics
06-10-2015, 04:17 PM
This is going to be tomorrow, Thursday @ 7pm PST.

Piper
06-11-2015, 10:16 AM
What time is that Eastern Standard Time? 10 PM?

r3n33
06-11-2015, 02:17 PM
What time is that Eastern Standard Time? 10 PM?

Correct. Google (https://www.google.com/search?q=7%20pm%20pst%20to%20est&oq=7%20pm%20pst%20to%20est) can help with these sorts of things. Kinda neat. :happy:

KurtEck
06-12-2015, 07:48 AM
Oops, I meant to join in last night, but was late, and when I got there I forgot my google password, then found out that it wanted it to be a google+ account... So far I don't trust FaceBook, not sure about google+...

Then also found out that it assumes that you have a camera, headphone/speaker and microphone, and neither of my two main development systems have cameras... I could have pulled out my portable which I believe has camera. Also maybe IPad would work? But by then it was already over halfway over so I figured I would wait until the next one.

Hope things went well:o!

LloydF
08-24-2015, 06:47 PM
Why does it feel like this whole project went to the back burners?

tician
08-24-2015, 10:04 PM
Given how certain users have been rather quiet lately, I'm guessing they are still focusing on ROS integration for the quad/hex bots already sold as 'consumer-ready' products instead of humanoids still getting some hardware changes. ...and maybe also working on a robotgeek-compatible, alternative turtlebot2+arm kit as well?

darkback2
09-07-2015, 02:23 AM
Lets revive this! You guys have been an awesome help to me as of late. I would love to have a google hang out and share out these bots!

DresnerRobotics
09-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Given how certain users have been rather quiet lately, I'm guessing they are still focusing on ROS integration for the quad/hex bots already sold as 'consumer-ready' products instead of humanoids still getting some hardware changes. ...and maybe also working on a robotgeek-compatible, alternative turtlebot2+arm kit as well?

Get out of my head Tician. Hah.

Basically this, we have a couple other projects going at once and are gearing up for a big release for the OS1 stuff as we move out of beta phase. We also didn't have a huge turnout to the two of these we've had so far, but will revisit post v1.0 launch on the OS1.