PDA

View Full Version : Build and Documentation feedback, how should we give it?

KTrobo
05-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Kyle, Recently completed a beta build HR OS1 up and running. I have a number of comments relating to the build documentation. How would you like to receive and review such?

kgranat
05-08-2015, 12:05 PM
You can either send me the feedback to [email protected], or post it on this thread

http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?7390-HR-OS1-Documentation

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

LloydF
05-18-2015, 10:33 AM
Hi, don't you think it is about time to tell us a little about the Arbotix-Pro especially that now some or the features or Little light Blinking Green Led's all of a sudden might be telling us something, very Important, we need to know!
Is there a problem, like you getting sued or what?
I mean at least some of the emergency things the LED's are telling us. Or are they the same as something else that you can talk about, that i can look up?

tician
05-18-2015, 12:56 PM
The eagle files and firmware source are both available in the Interbotix github repo (https://github.com/Interbotix/ArbotixPro).
Since it is largely a clone of the CM-730 with only a few software changes, the Robotis documentation is pretty much just as valid.

http://support.robotis.com/en/product/darwin-op/references/reference/hardware_specifications/electronics/sub_controller_(cm-730).htm

LloydF
05-18-2015, 02:29 PM
Tu , i believe i found a over current fault, ;-) Unpluged my powered usb hub that had a 1 terabyte usb 3.0 drive attached (I use to move files around the house) and i saw, green blinking Lights, thinking about using that new usb current measuring thingamabob and see just were that over current indicator turns on.

LloydF
06-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Tu , i believe i found a over current fault, ;-) Unpluged my powered usb hub that had a 1 terabyte usb 3.0 drive attached (I use to move files around the house) and i saw, green blinking Lights, thinking about using that new usb current measuring thingamabob and see just were that over current indicator turns on.

TU so much for the Hardware Schematics Andrew and Kurt. :cool: on github.

DresnerRobotics
06-02-2015, 09:13 PM
Is there a problem, like you getting sued or what?
I mean at least some of the emergency things the LED's are telling us. Or are they the same as something else that you can talk about, that i can look up?

The LEDs dont give the emergency status of anything. There are two Power LEDs for 5v & 3.3v power supplies, an LED behind each push button for general use, and two LEDs tied to the TX/RX of the FTDI. These are all labeled on the silk screen.

I've also released the full schematics and eagleCAD designs for people to look through. For now, I ask that you be patient and please remember that this project is still firmly in phase 1 beta.

I am addressing things based upon user feedback and our biggest pain points, and as only a handful of of our users are at the technical level/capability of wanting to modify the Arbotix-Pro firmware or do custom work with it, fully fleshing out the documentation is not high on my priority list until the product's actual launch.

As Tician said, it is essentially just a sourceable CM-730 clone, so most of the documentation for the CM-730 applies. The users wanting to modify things on the Arbotix are also the ones who can simply use the release source to work from.

There's no question of legality in any of this. :)