PDA

View Full Version : Problem getting started with Arbotix-M

TedKurtz
08-19-2015, 01:13 PM
I have just received an Arbotix-M board (Windows 7 Professional). I believe the FTDI drivers were installed after I first plugged the board into my computer. I tried to compile the file AXSimpleTest in the Arbotix-M Hardware and Software files. I get the following errors:
Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Duemilanove w/ ATmega328"
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp: In function 'void setTX(int)':
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:41: error: 'UCSR1B' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:41: error: 'RXEN1' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:52: error: 'TXEN1' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:53: error: 'RXCIE1' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp: In function 'void setRX(int)':
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:80: error: 'UCSR1B' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:80: error: 'TXEN1' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:81: error: 'RXCIE1' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:83: error: 'RXEN1' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp: In function 'void setTXall()':
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:89: error: 'UCSR1B' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:89: error: 'RXEN1' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:97: error: 'TXEN1' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:98: error: 'RXCIE1' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp: In function 'void ax12write(unsigned char)':
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:105: error: 'UCSR1A' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:105: error: 'UDRE1' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:106: error: 'UDR1' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp: In function 'void ax12writeB(unsigned char)':
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:111: error: 'UCSR1A' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:111: error: 'UDRE1' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:112: error: 'UDR1' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp: In function 'void USART1_RX_vect()':
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:117: error: 'UDR1' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp: In function 'void ax12Init(long int)':
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:163: error: 'UBRR1H' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:164: error: 'UBRR1L' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:165: error: 'UCSR1A' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\owner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arbotix \ax12.cpp:165: error: 'U2X1' was not declared in this scope

I believe this is the same error message reported in the following post:
http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?5784-Trossen-Robotics-Quadruped

He reported that he was able to compile his code OK by setting the board type to Arbotix. I am using Arduino 1.0.6, and don't see Arbotix as an option in the list of boards.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.
Ted

TedKurtz
08-20-2015, 12:44 PM
Sometimes you have to do what you should have done first, i.e. find the answer yourself. That's what I finally did! I followed the steps described in the Quick Start Guide at this link:
http://learn.trossenrobotics.com/arbotix/arbotix-quick-start.html#step2

It worked! I had to do some interpolating. For example, the "Documents" folder described in Step 3 as "Documents\Arduino\" for Windows 7 is actually My Documents\Arduino\ on my computer. Otherwise, following the Quick Start Guide exactly worked for me. The code now compiles OK.

jwatte
08-20-2015, 01:41 PM
You need to properly install the Arbotix library / board support files. Then, restarting the IDE, will let you see the Arbotix board and select it.