PDA

View Full Version : Missing bits ,,,

Buckbot
09-25-2015, 07:05 AM
Hi Guys ,

I've just gone through the kit and there are some bits missing according to the inventory list ,,,

:- ( 278 x M2 x 6mm ) the bag of bolts for the servos

:- claw hand

:- standard hand

:- and there is only 1 of the 3 listed adapters (usb-4 pin)

there was also an orange sticker on every bag and box that has been opened , even the PS3 controller,

( Customs probably,,,:robotsurprised: )

Over all I'm pretty impressed with the kit and the extras ( yes , I noticed ) , Kudos to Andrew and the team , can't wait to dive into this ( that was planned for this weekend hmmm )

The hands I can take or leave (the stump hands were in there at least) as I'm looking at making a set of IGUS hands down the track , but the bolts are pretty crucial to the build (can't start building without them ,,, ) and they're not exactly available at the local hardware store ,,,

So ,,, Suggestions

tician
09-25-2015, 09:58 AM
If you were in the US, I would say McMaster-Carr for same or next day UPS delivery of the M2 screws (especially if you live not too far from one of their gigantic distribution centers; one nice thing about living in northeast Georgia). Big box stores in the US carry small quantities of metric hardware at gigantic markups, but not sure about elsewhere.

The USB adapters are only required if you absolutely must have all the USB connectors and cables fitting entirely within the chassis. The arbotix should have a micro-USB connector populated so that it can connect with a standard cable instead of the 4-pin molex/dynamixel cable. Should have everything you need to setup and test the electronics and servos.

LloydF
09-25-2015, 06:54 PM
There supper fast getting them bags back. I believe I was missing spacers myself. Welcome aboard.:happy: (What feels like way back when).

kgranat
09-28-2015, 09:44 AM
Hi Buckbot,

I'm sorry about your missing parts! It looks like part of it is things we purposely left out of the latest kit and part of it is actually missing parts.

We're currently updating the guide a little bit - a few things changed on the build. Specifically we removed the claw hand and the standard hand because we found they weren't robust and could break during falls. The claw was mainly ornamental. We're recommending the stump hands and we will be supporting those for getting up and other actions.

You only need 2 of the 4-pin usb adaptors (we shipped 3 in the initial batch, but only 2 at a time were needed).

Still, you should have received 2, not just one.

The missing bolts is definitely concerning to me. We actually package those bolts very specifically, so we're confident that all of the kits got the M2*6 bolts. I'm assuming that customs managed to somehow leave the bolts and adaptor out of your kit (we don't open the PS3 controller and don't put orange stickers in the kit)

Can you e-mail me your order number? [email protected]

I'll send out the M2*6 bolts and the 4-pin USB adaptor. I'm going to see if we have any extras of the old hands - if I can I'll send those out as well, but as noted we're not going to be supporting them.

Also, can you do one last check to see that everything is there, just incase there's anything else custom's managed to leave out of your box.

I believe there are a couple of parts not included in the assembly guide (mainly the 90-degree m3 brackets). Stuff like that was added as extras for 3-d shelling and custom add ons. Send me a picture of anything that you have extra that was not listed in the guide so I can make sue you have everything.

Thank you for your patience!

guoshihui
10-20-2015, 12:36 AM
I don't have the claw hands either, is it common issue?

r3n33
10-20-2015, 11:35 AM
I don't have the claw hands either, is it common issue?

We're currently updating the guide a little bit - a few things changed on the build. Specifically we removed the claw hand and the standard hand because we found they weren't robust and could break during falls. The claw was mainly ornamental. We're recommending the stump hands and we will be supporting those for getting up and other actions.

Looks like the claw hands are obsolete.

guoshihui
10-21-2015, 01:30 AM
Looks like the claw hands are obsolete.
All right, I missed that part. Thanks for pointing out