PDA

View Full Version : HROS-1 Leaning Forward

ericshi
10-07-2015, 11:52 PM
Pictures to come once I get home tomorrow but I noticed that my HROS-1 appears to be leaning forward slightly when in the default (walk-ready) position. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue. If not I probably have to go make sure that the angle servo was aligned probably.

r3n33
10-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Pictures would definitely be helpful.

Likely the hip_pitch_offset value found in HROS1-Framework/Data/config.ini needs a slight adjustment.

LloydF
10-16-2015, 05:06 PM
"You may need to adjust the hip pitch offset by 0.1-0.3 degrees in walk_tuner if your robot is consistently falling forward/backward on walking.

I am testing a new hip_pitch_offset parameter that inclines the robot forward a tad with walking forward, and a bit back upon backing up. This is in the ps3 control code section of Ps3_demo. Would like feedback on this, let me know if it's helping, isnt, etc.1"
from a different thread.:o

ericshi
10-19-2015, 02:26 AM
This is what it looks like currently in standing mode. It's leaning a bit forward. It's able to stand up by itself now. I was wondering if the robot should be straight.

r3n33
10-20-2015, 01:20 PM
How did you go about setting your robot to be in that position? To test, I loaded walk_tuner which puts the robot in a walk ready pose and took these pictures..

The current settings in the master branch of the github project:

If you switch to the "dev" branch the settings have been altered to be a bit more upright:

OldBotBuilder
10-20-2015, 08:18 PM
How do you switch between the 'master' branch and the 'dev' branch when updating the Framework?

r3n33
10-21-2015, 12:06 PM
Switching branches should be really easy as long as you are running the framework as is (without modifications). First you'll need to switch to the root of the framework folder. Then pull in the latest changes with a pull. And finally switch branches by issuing a checkout command.

For example:

cd ~/HROS1-Framework
git pull
git checkout dev
or
git checkout master

Depending on the state of things you may need to re-compile some applications before running them.. I usually run

make clean && make

before loading things like walk_tuner and ps3_demo after changing code or branches.

OldBotBuilder
10-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Renee,
Thanks. I'll give your instructions a try tomorrow.

OldBotBuilder
10-22-2015, 02:30 PM
I tried the dev branch. PS3 connected, the walk gate is good, but my 'bot wants to fall backwards during the walk.

Thanks.

r3n33
10-25-2015, 11:37 AM
Glad the instructions worked out for you! ... and for the most part the dev branch worked on your robot.

When the problem is the robot is wanting to fall backwards it is likely a small adjustment to the hip_pitch_offset ( use walk_tuner ) that will help the most. Another cause could be the surface you are walking on is too soft or squishy.... or some of the leg servos ( the knees likely ) are too warm and need a few minutes to cool down. I've seen the servos get too warm after 10-15 minutes of non-stop walking and especially so if you have a lot of printed parts attached. You can use the dxl_monitor program to quickly check the temperature register of the knee servos if you get curious.