PDA

View Full Version : Bracket F4 and 3D Printed Armour

sonel
10-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Guys, I've noticed that the armour shields have a normal 16mm spacing between the screws but the F4 bracket has 16mm between the holes vertically, but between the first row of holes close to the horn and the second row close to the flat end of the bracket there is a 15mm (or about that) distance. Which means I cannot use all 4 screws to fix the armour.

I don't know if you guys had also had this issue or it might be something that is happening only with my batch of F4s.

Cheers,

Alex.

drachels
10-09-2015, 01:11 PM
Hi Alex,
I just got my HR-OS1 kit 2 weeks ago and my F4 brackets show the same spacing you mention. I guess our only alternatives are leave some holes empty, redo the files and eliminate the holes that we can't use, or redo the files and move the holes to match our brackets. Frankly, none of the three options appeal to me. I guess for now, mine will remain ... naked. :robotsurprised:

Oh well, coffee break time,
AL

LloydF
10-09-2015, 04:25 PM
They need to show you as well that only 2 holes on each side get screws or you get pinching and all sorta of nasty scratchy stuff.
(as far as I know they have not even tried to fix this issue, must be way back in the alligator pit.):p