PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering which processor people are using?

KurtEck
10-18-2015, 10:57 AM
While I personally have a tendency to switch the processor out and try different things. There are times when I prefer to do my development aimed at what most of the people are using as to make it easier for myself to leverage the work of others as well as hopefully others can leverage things that I might do.

So I was wondering what processor are people currently using and are they thinking of trying out other processors. If so which ones?

To start of mine currently has Odroid C1 on it, but it has also had on it RPI2 and Edison. I may play again soon with the Edison and I may tryout the Odroid XU4 on it as well.

OldBotBuilder
10-18-2015, 12:42 PM
I am working with the Intel Edison now. I might switch to the RPi if I need more I/O. I plan to add an EZ-B4 controller when I figure out a proper UART interface. If I get the EZ-B4 operating, I will replace the HR OS1 head with the EZ Robot Huminoid head with Camera and RGB Eyes and a set of Servo-motor Grippers.

drachels
10-18-2015, 01:40 PM
Presently, I have a RPi installed, but I have played with the Edison on the workbench with another Arbotix Pro and servos. Don't have to worry about breaking something if it is just servos sitting on my work bench. :happy: In fact, I tend to collect controllers so I can try out various things. Mainly experimenting with printing 3D parts right now. In the future, when I get tired of putting up with Windows 10 on them, I want to try controlling my HR-OS1 with an iView or Intel on a stick. Probably the iView first as it has two USB ports available while the Intel stick only has one. The main problem with both of them is the installed Wifi doesn't reconnect reliably with each boot up.

bstag
10-19-2015, 10:47 AM
I currently have it on the Rpi 2. I also have the odroid Xu4 but have not mounted it or put it on it. Depending on how things go i may end up switching to the xu4 before to long.

guoshihui
10-20-2015, 12:28 AM
I am using RPI 2. For basic functions, such as moving around, it's okay.

r3n33
10-20-2015, 11:34 AM
I'm using the Intel Edison for now. With a small USB hub I'm able to use the USB camera and (up to this point) the framework is running nice and smooth :)

LloydF
11-09-2015, 09:37 PM
I am on the rpi2 with the PREEMPT RT kernel for playing with real time telemetry.

jwatte
11-23-2015, 01:42 PM
RPI 2 is great (voted for that.) But I also use Teensy 3, and OpenCM 9.04, and others.